Any girl here NOT suffer from menstrual cramps?

A lot of women complain about having painful cramps during their period...but are there any girls on here that DO NOT have cramps?

Also, there's an interesting research that says that girls that have painful periods or "endometriosis" tend to be "hotter"...(Which I think is bullsh*t because I know a lot of fat or average looking girls with painful periods)...

here's an article from Jezebel...

link

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I've read that it's like one in 7 women get extremely bad ones and then there are the one in 7 who don't get them at all (lucky girls), and the rest are sort of somewhere in between. It's one of those things that I think it's difficult to compare with other women- I can't possibly know how bad yours hurt, I just know mine hurt to different degrees- sometimes dull and bearable, other times sharp enough to take my breath away and make me want to pace. I know women who don't get them at all or what they describe as cramps sounds like a breeze, but I've had lots of women also describe similar symptoms to mine, so I tend to rate myself as average.

As for the Italian doctors- yeah, that sounds like a really scientific study to me- NOT. Measure a woman's breast size, her bmi, hip to waist ratio, then rate her on the same archeaic scale men have been using forever and somehow find a correlation between women who have endometriosis and their attractiveness? Also, remember the odds were stacked in favour of women with it anyway, 200/300 women in the study got cramps. Right...

I also read a study published claiming PMS isn't actually caused by hormonal fluctuations, it's something we're tricked into feeling by advertising agencies selling Midol and other PMS products. Again, probably done by the same type of "scientists" with terrible methods and probably men who never personally experienced a female hormonal cycle anyway...

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• The only time I get it is if I am really dehydrated right before and during the first few days of my period. So as long as I stay hydrated then I am safe.

I think it's bs too. I know girls and women who suffer so badly and they all are any where from 1-10 equally spread out and girls like myself who don't suffer at all and same thing 1-10 equally and ones who suffer moderately and again 1-10 equally.

1|0
    0|0
    • yeah, same thing I've noticed...i've had a few instances when my periods were excruciating, but that was when I was heavier, but since I'm close to being of normal/underweight, it's not as bad.

• I haven't had a menstrual cramp since I started having sex a few months ago. Why, I have no idea. But even when I was a virgin they weren't bad cramps at all - more like an uncomfortable feeling, bloated even, but that was it. Now I don't get any of that. Would love to find out why...

0|0
    0|0
  • I have never gotten a cramp in my life - pretty lucky I guess. I also don't get moody when I'm on my period like some girls apparently do? I'm not even sure if getting moody is normal.

1|0
    0|0
  • As per my wife...every girl has cramps during her periods

1|1
    0|0
    • haha, that's false. the world would be a worse place if that were true...

• The first two days of my period are a complete nightmare.

I am not exaggerating at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • lol, Italian scientists say that hot women are more bitchy. That sounds very Italian. =P

1|0
    0|0
  • i don't get cramps much. exercise helps. I was very active younger.

0|0
    0|0
    • for me, exercise makes my cramps worse. I learned my lesson

• F***, I get the absolute worst cramps imaginable o.o

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't usually.

0|0
    0|0
  • No pain at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally have terrible ones, but I do know a few women who either just "feel funny" (not painful) or never get any at all.

And yeah I think that "research" is flawed, because women who have PCOS or endometriosis are more likely to gain weight from it, and we all know what most guys think of them :P

1|0
    0|0
  • :P That thing about hotter is ridiculous even though my girlfriend has endometriosis and is hot. I have dated a few girls that did not have any cramps or painful periods but most girls I dated had cramps and all that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I get MEN-o-pause sometimes.

0|0
    2|0
  • For the most part I don't have cramps, at least not any that are very painful. When I was in high school I would occasionally get a cramp that would hurt but that would last for only a few seconds and wasn't regular at all. I normally just feel uncomfortable when I start my period but it doesn't hurt 99% of the time.

Yeah that study doesn't sound incredibly scientific. They only had 2 guys rating who was attractive and who wasn't. That's not nearly a diverse enough sample size. Plus they consider having sex before the age of 18 a sign of attractiveness which is utter bs.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't get much cramping at all and I never did.I do some modelling so I can't be too ugly :-)

0|0
    0|0
    • i wouldn't place too much credibility on the article

• No I wouldn't either,we are all different.I know a few of my friends that are like me and breeze through their period and then others can't get put of bed with the pain.As far as the looks thing I can't say I think it makes a difference

Recommended myTakes