Guys: Big or small breakfast?

Which do you find is the best way to start the day and keep you going?

For the past two months, due to a strict budget I've been starting my mornings with a bowl of Quaker Oats, and it's starting to really not work for me, since it doesn't really fill me up and I feel sluggish for the rest of the day.

I think I need something more.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• A good breakfast should be high in fibre and protein. Those would be keep you fuller for longer. Try having a slice of multigrain toast with a fried egg and sliced tomato. Also have a serving of mixed berries like blackberries,blueberries,strawberry, and raspberry. Those are a good source of fibre as well. Buy a bag of frozen berries then measure out a serving the night before so they aren't,frozen in the morning. There is saying “Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper”

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• That's a surprise as I would think that, that would be a good breakfast. Are you haveing a glass of juice or milk with it? You might need a mid morning snack as well. Some fruit or more oatmeal. Protein is suppose to digest slowly so in turn keep you full longer. I get the budget thing. Try breaking down your meals to small portions frequently though out the day...but I do think the bigger morning meal is best.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depending on your level of activity and how much you want to eat for lunch, I'd opt for cereal with fruit/nuts and tea of coffee in themorning. For me, eating a heavy meal for breakfast makes me feel tired afterward since I went to rest and let all the food digest. But if you have a workout planned of course yu should eat a lot more than that.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me its usually 3 eggs two pieces of whole wheat toast and a glass of v8 followed by a banana.

You should just add some eggs with that. They are cheap and a good source of protein to start your day off.

I don't know your size or your eating habits but id say generally a man would need more than just a bowl of oat meal. It also is not a complete breakfast because your not getting protein and fruit in the oat meal could also help.

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually have cornflakes or cheerios with a laughing cow cheese wedge and one large glass of water (lemon added) and one cup of coffee (plain). Works for me! =)

0|0
    0|0
  • If I'm training for marathon or something, I usually eat oatmeal every morning (2 servings) with a little milk honey, and cinnamon in it and maybe an apple or banana on the side with a big glass of water. That seems to work for me to run like 10 miles 4 times a week. So I don't know... When I'm being lazy and not running often a lot of times I just have a bowl of cold cereal or toast with peanut butter on it. Things like eggs, beacon, omelets, etc are generally reserved for a lazy weekend morning. When I eat a lot of food like that I don't feel like doing much.

0|0
    0|0
  • Big breakfast. I like mine to include, eggs,bacon,toast,ham,fruit and a big o'l glass of milk

0|0
    0|0
  • At least get some wheaties or something.

0|0
    0|0
  • big and medium!

0|0
    0|0
  • I eat rice for breakfast and meat and a shake. I tried to limit my portion because of my size. I get sleepy if I eat too much. I love coffee too. I also eat about 5 times a day (fruit, nuts = trail mix). It really helps me.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes