Girls trying to steal boyfriends...what's wrong with them?

Seriously, why can't they focus on single guys? They are so many good ones out there...what the heck is wrong with those girls?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• That's the ironic thing... girls are always attracted to guys that OTHER girls are attracted to, or have "approved of" by dating. They figure if THAT GIRL likes him, then he must have *something* worthwhile to offer, while they look at a single guy and think "if he doesn't have a girl, there must be something wrong with him."

Any guy will tell you that as soon as he gets a girlfriend, he has a bunch of women hitting on him, sometimes even throwing themselves at him, which rarely or never happens when he's single.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It boosts their ego to steal someone else's boyfriend. They think it makes them special somehow. They are lowly creatures who constantly need validation especially if it means interfering in someone else relationship.

5|2
    0|0
  • I agree with the answers below. Part of it is that he's already been pre-qualified as "boyfriend material" by another girl, which automatically makes him more attractive. He's proven he can commit to a relationship, also attractive. And, it makes them feel an ego boost when they're able to steal him away from another woman. It makes her feel as if she's of higher value.

The funny thing about that last part, is that all it has proven is that the guy is a disloyal, cheater, not that she's of higher value.The girls who do this kind of thing, are usually too stupid to realize that he will cheat on her just as easily. Men have outsmarted us in this arena. Most guys realize that if a girl will cheat WITH him, she'll cheat ON him, and would thus rarely take that girl seriously. Girls are way more likely to believe that we can change the cheating, playing, manwhore. It's naive thinking, and guys like that are best left to the wayside. We shouldn't be encouraging that behavior by thinking they'll treat us any differently than how they treated her.

1|1
    0|0
  • I find it just as stupid but there is a simple explanation which is deep rooted into female biology. In today's era, it tends to hurt them far more often than help them, so now I like to label this as a flaw, as opposed to a evolutionary advantage.

It boils down to one term which I believe was coined by the pick up artist community. Even if they didn't create it, its definitely used by them. The term is called "pre-selection". It refers to this biological predisposition that women have to be attracted or go after guys who are either already taken, or at the very least are getting attention from other females. Guys who understand women leverage this. This idea is based on two underlying concepts.

The first is status. Women since the dawn of time have been attracted to men of high status. This served a biological purpose so that women would only seek to continue on the genes of the alpha males, leaders of the pack, chieftains, etc. In other words, this was biology's way (with the use of females) of making sure only the top men could reproduce. A man in today's world who has lots of women, is perceived to have high status since the stereotypes links female attention to status in a man. Women have been hardwired to believe this stereotype. The obvious problem is that there are only so many "leaders of the pack" to go around so invariably many women find themselves fighting over the same guy.

The second concept is is more directly related to the term "pre-selection". A guy who is already taken, quite literally appears pre selected. In other words, the single girl is perceiving the guy as already been pre-screened for mating material. In other words, "this other girl must thinks he's boyfriend material, so I'll trust her judgement." Basically girls, let other girls screen out the guys, if she approves, she tries to swoop in and take him. While this might make some logical sense, we all know how in today's modern world how this creates a lot of drama. We're not rabbits who just go around f***ing each other randomly making babies. We have relationships, marriages and things of the like. I think a lot of this stems from the female fear of men. Women view men as guilty until proven innocent instead of the other way around. They view men as dangerous. This cynical view exists because women know (if even subconsciously) that they are the weaker sex. What I mean by that is they feel they are in the greatest position to be physically and emotionally harmed. That being said, she will be more cautions about the guys she gets involved with than a man will with women because she feels she has more to lose. As a result, a girl will combat this by letting her female peers pre-select the men for her. In other words, if the guy turns out to be a women abuser, she rather the other girl get abused in order to figure, rather than figure that out at her own expense.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well, they know we good ones are taken, so why waste time on rejects? You only go around once in life, so they aren't afraid to take chances of rejection and angry spouses.

I'm flattered by their attention myself, and I don't put them down. I have wicked thoughts about 'taken' women quite often, and flirt a little with them in a friendly way; I also think, well, no wonde she's no longer available, what a seductive siren!

0|0
    0|1
  • i have been wondering about this too, or those girls who likes a guy but he likes someone else so that girls automatically becomes an enemy. I think its a deep rooted insecurity, like its no big deal to get a single guy but to get a guy that is already taken takes a little more and it means there is more validation and pride involved. And I think they like sneaking around and the possiablitiy of being discovered. dr phil did a whole show about this and invited "the other women" and their excuse was that they took care of someone that wasn't happy in their marriage.

1|1
    0|0
    • Big excuse in fact..!

• yea and a lame one if you ask me. the only one that ends up hurt is the original gf/wife, cause the lover feel like she conquerd a taken man and the man feels like he is the man cause he has two that wants him

• Since the guys are already in relationships, they do not need to go through the process of screening these new men. The masses of women have already approved of these taken men, therefore they are ideal for the girl trying to steal.

1|1
    0|1
  • The real question is why men don'd to this as much? And the answer is, because they want a sex partner who isn't pregnant.

Now why do women do it? Why wouldn't they? They all want the same men.

1|0
    0|0
  • Its just human nature - girls always want what other girls already have. <--- simple as that ,no need to make it longer

1|1
    0|0
  • Girls automatically rank a taken guy hotter than a single guy. Don't ask me why, 'cause I can't answer that. Guys, on the other hand, don't like to share and they don't like competition. Taken girls just add more drama. We don't like drama. Once I find out a girl is attached she drops about 3 points on the hot list.

What's dumber is when girls try to steal girlfriends, because they're either bi or lesbian. It's like they have no expectation of loyalty. That kind of stuff really annoys me. Guys are at least civil about their competition(most of the time). Girls, on the other hand, will sneak around behind you and stab you in the back.

1|2
    0|0
  • They're selfish, b*tchy whores.

1|2
    0|0
  • I have that same problem, there's this one girl in particular that tries so hard to steal my boyfriend. If I leave his side for one second, and she is there, she will come and start flirting with him, "tickles him", makes him give her back massages... it makes me so mad! And now she has her own boyfriend, and she STILL flirts with my man... I want to slap her... anyway, I couldn't tell you what is wrong with those girls

0|0
    0|0
  • Preach it sister!

1|1
    0|0
  • there are exceptions...sometimes a girl and a guy just click and it's not a serial stealer kind of situation but if you're talking about serial stealers then yeah it's insecurity. They see this relationship and think 'hey I want a relationship like that' so they go after him or sometimes girls just want to see if they can and it makes them feel good about themselves if they can get that guy from another pretty girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well they say all the good guys are taken or gay so I guess they're rather steal a man than try to change one or settle for a bad guy

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes