Who pays the bill most of the time?

I'm in a relationship and I wonder how other couples behave when it comes to picking up the bill. feel free to answer

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• At first, my boyfriend always paid on dates. After a few months, he asked me if it bothered me if we splitted the bill this time. I told him I was fine with that. Ever since, we usually split the bill. If it's something cheap like a dessert, a coffee, a drink, a beer, etc, he'll pay. But when we go out for dinner we usually split. But once in a while he invites me for dinner and pays for everything. He did it for instance when I went through a huge fight with my mom and he'll do it on our first anniversary soon. So it's about even, also because he pays the bill sometimes for groceries and stuff like that that we share when he's over at my place.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It depends. I pay for movies and most fast food, he pays for most of the groceries and when we go to restaurants. I pay for activities (EX. amusement parks, concerts) and he pays rent and the utilities.

0|0
    1|0
  • In the very beginning I like to pay for most things, but once we're in a committed relationship I think things should be close to 50/50.

I do still like treating spontaneously, and also for special occasions, though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Kind of depends on your relative incomes, and how long your relationship has been going. If its early on I'd probably pay most of the time. After a while, if she has a similar income I'd expect her to pay at least close to half the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • i always pay.

i couldn't allow a woman to pay for my stuff... just the thought is unbearable.

1|0
    0|0
  • The guy

0|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend pays for all our meals. So, to pay him back, I'll pay when we do activities (movies, when we go out on trips - hotels, airlines, etc.) Once in awhile, I'll pay for a meal, but he usually has his money ready to pay when the tab comes.

We don't live together, but our finances are very intertwined. If I go to the store because of his shopping list, I don't expect him to pay me back and vice versa.

0|0
    0|0
  • in general men are more expected to pay but in return, to make this relationship fair, women should trust men's decisions. let go our ego. but its not always like this. sometimes, we can break the habit due to different condition.

for example, if the man is sick and can't afford money. the woman is the one who pays replacing his position. this is love. everyone involved in love should sacrifice.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes