Why do women hate other women?

Why are some women so mean to other women. I see it all the time, a woman will hate another woman for no reason. I also notice that married women tend to act like they are better than single ladies.
Updates:
So everything a woman do is about men and beauty?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• immature women who can't control their jealousy

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It seems like there's two main reasons I can think of. The first is competition. We're pretty much trained to think we're competing against other women, particularly in the looks department. Tear others down to bring ourselves up. Acting like you're better is a defense mechanism anyone (not just women) can do to try to FEEL that way. We evaluate our self-worth by comparing ourselves to others.

The second one is kind of a complex cultural thing, and I thought it only happened among teenagers, but it seems to be getting more and more common among full-grown women, too. They'll proudly declare that they're only friends with guys because women are "catty bitches who create drama," then these "special" women get a pat on the back for being so much cooler than all other women. Girls also seem to think they're better than other women if they're less girly, more tomboy-ish, like it's a complete rejection of femininity because femininity is considered inferior. Things associated with it are used as insults against guys (wimp, p****, girl) AND girls (oversensitive, crazy, drama queen). I think some women internalize it and try to distance themselves from it.

0|0
    0|0
    • @update: I'd say, on a deeper level, it's for happiness. We're told that if we're attractive and wanted, we'll be happy and successful.

• ohhhh.

• Because there will ALWAYS be competition between women, mostly about the amount of guys they get/get attention from and how good they look. This isn't all women of course, some just don't care, but the majority do. That's why they always say the best revenge a woman can give is to look good and be happy. And I'd honestly say that's true. The married women probably feel they have triumphed in life when the single ladies haven't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ager/ hate= fear.

Some people have a lot of sadness. hurt. fear. they have not learnt healthy productive means of expressing dealing using this energy. so instead of dealing rationally with themselves and others. they experience their problems/ feelings of vulnerability, through anger and hate. its easier to digest, than fear. but it catches up with you. anything unresolved,finds id way ot. even through sickness.

guys especially.

0|0
    0|0
  • there is always a reason why there's hate or competition between women. maybe the other girl is snobby just because she got a promotion or she thinks she's better than the rest. or maybe she dresses nice and the others can't pull it off or she slept with half of the male population in school or work. or she dated the other girl's ex or gossip and so many more.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's like a competition and women feel more confident if they feel alpha. Single women are stereotype as creepy cat lovers, hags or have something 'wrong with them'

0|0
    0|0
    • And self worth. If she has both she can feel powerful. Like a guy. "Money, looks, success and all the women in the world"

• It's a competition thing. Guys do it too but they are more subtle about it. Personally, I am not like that but I have seen it from some other women and know what you are talking about.

0|0
    0|0
    • Don't lump us all into one category. I don't do everything for men or beauty and I don't hate or feel threatened by other women. We are all unique and different, with minds of our own and our own personalities.

• Competition and jealousy, for the most part.

Also, sh*t talking is dramatic. And drama = excitement.

0|0
    0|0
    • I agree. every woman thinks they are different yet I see the same behavior in all of them

Recommended myTakes