Possily Moving Abroad. Need advice?

Hello all, thank you for your time and responses.

I recently graduated college with my BA, and started working for an event/sports/experiential marketing firm in my hometown of Miami, FL. The company itself is a promising, young, energetic place to work at. I basically travel to different cities helping with event marketing and sponsorships. Free travel and I'm 23, so it can be MUCH worse.

Although, I am not entirely happy as I can be here. Granted, I just started (about 2 months in), but some aspects have turned me off.

So, I found a program that works as work placement, and basically it is that you pay an initial fee, interview, and if you get accepted, they place you in London, England for a year working full-time, paid for a company in your field (mine would be Marketing).

I am kind of nervous about, because a year in another country is daunting. But I have always wanted to go study/work/visit abroad, and this can be a great opportunity if approached with the right mindset.

Missing family may be my biggest problem, but Skype/email/video messaging can be a man's best friend.

Thanks again for your thoughts!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I lived in South Korea last year. I understand what you're going through. I was terrified, but you should go for it because it's an amazing experience. It will be difficult being away from your family so you need to make new friends. Skype is great for keeping up with family. I learned to be independent and get around by myself in a country where I didn't know the language. You learn a lot, meet great people and have fun so fight the fear and just go for it!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• do it! you are young you should explore the world! if I was you I wouldn't think twice I would have packed my bags. you would be living many peoples dreams to actually travel and get paid for it. how many people can say that. actually you need to private message me about this agency so I can join ! peace out

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah. Th "paid to travel" part is actually with my current company that I may reconsider. The programme in London places you ata company and you get paid as an employee. But still awesome! It is called the Mounbatten Institute. Google it and enjoy!

• (Age:18 to 24)

I'd expect that missing your girlfriend/spouse may be the biggest problem.

If it were only the family I'd have left yesterday or the day before.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree with everyone else who has posted; you should totally go for it! Personally, I wouldn't think twice if I was offered a job in England.

0|0
    0|0
  • do it! its only a year! remember, its better to life in a life of "oh well" that "what if"

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes