How common are seziures in children?

Wednesday night, my 2 year old had a seizure that lasted close to 20 min. She was taking to the hospital by ambulance, where we stayed for the night and majority of Thursday. So far we have no understanding why it happened. We do go to the children's hospital for an EEG to exam her brain. I had epilepsy as a young child and out grew it. So my question is how many of you ever personal experienced a seizure or know someone who has?
Just to clarify, I am curious on how many people here on gag have had a seizure or know anyone who has had one.

We got my daughters EEG results and it came back abnormal and it was determined where in the brain the seizure happened. She will be scheduled for a MRI to determind more. The problem now is waiting. We have to wait a few months to get in because we have a shortage of machines available here in Canada.

15

Most Helpful Guy

• just 2-3 weeks ago my dad had a seizure. It was a total shock because he's never shown any side effects. I love my dad more than anything, he's been there for me since before I can remember. I remember getting the phone call and hearing the news when he went into a seizure, I couldn't help but cry right in the middle of hustling to my class on campus. I had a mental breakdown. I rushed home and packed my bags, all of my school supplies, and rushed to the hospital to see him. Seeing him in his bed and all the tubes in him while he was asleep almost made me want to cry seeing him. I HATE seeing people I love in that state. But my family was there, I wanted to show them that I'm strong so I didn't ever cry in front of them.

Anyway, I can understand the pain your going through. If you ever need someone to vent to, don't hesitate to contact me.