Foreigners and their input on the elections in the United States?

I think that it's completely uncalled for that people from foreign countries are expressing their viewpoints on who should be the next President of the United States. This is a crucial election for the survival of America and there are a lot of undecided voters who may take some kind of influence from their statements, suggestions, and feelings about candidates.

The problem is that even most Americans don't research themselves about candidates. Such as people saying- "Romney hates women" and "Romney will only cut taxes for the rich", etc. None of that is true. Romney has said he would cut government funding for Planned Parenthood since they are a private company and stated he wasn't going to raise taxes on anyone in his 5 point plan.

I just wish that people would actually research candidates on both sides. I mean as a country, are we better off under Obama than we were 4 years ago? In my opinion, we aren't. We still have almost 25 million out of work and spending of a trillion per year. I understand the focus from the youth is mostly on social issues like gay marriage and abortion. These are important things, I agree, but the economy comes first. There are many many levels of government that would be needed to remove these rights from people. Plus, Romney was sitting governor in Massachusetts when the gay marriage act was passed, and there is an equal pay act for women there as well.

In closing, It's fine that outsiders can have an opinion about ideals and candidates, but not if it's in an attempt to sway voters one way or another. When people from Australia post questions throwing an entire political party under the bus, I can't see that being for anything but Democratic gains. That isn't right.
The better the United States does, the better the rest of the world does. We are not doing well under Obama and will be $20 trillion in debt by 2016 if he is re-elected. We need a change, we need someone who can better the economy, Obama cannot do that in looking at his record.

1215

Most Helpful Guy

• Obama has been bad for the United States since day 1, and anyone who denies that is overly-biased, misinformed, or simply ignorant of what's currently going on at the highest level in American government. His programs have brought some neutral changes, but mostly he has landed the country in an immense pile of debt in his attempts to socialize us (and yes, that is essentially the direction he and his administration have been/are moving in - see my "misinformed" comment if you disagree). Needless to say, both I and countless other American citizens agree that it is time for a change (how ironic!), and that change involves dethroning the leader of future-communist America.

Now, the question remains - will Romney be successful in curing the both economic and societal wounds that the Obama administration has inflicted upon the U.S? Honestly, I can't tell you either way, but I can say with the utmost certainty that he [Romney] would be - at the VERY least - a fresh start.

When it comes to foreigners giving their opinions - I agree with the OP (in his update) that a positive outlook for the U.S. means a positive turn of events for the rest of the world. That being said, I think that it's very logical to say that foreigners do have some sort of investment - whether it be ethical/moral or strictly economic - in the outcome of this election. However, I also agree with the OP in that their opinions should not influence the direction in which this election goes. The United States is supposed to be a democracy - simply put, run by the people. The values on which this country was founded do not include being controlled by other nations and their idealistic, somewhat (and in some cases extremely) socialist agendas. Therefore, I say that the people should inherently be entitled to their own, unswayed and unchanged vote, and to deny them of that is infringing on the rights that were set forth when the United States was made an independent nation.

• Finally. Someone with a brain.

• LMAO you think it will make a difference whether you elect Romney or Obama? The country will be in more debt and worse off no matter who you elect. But it's cute that so many people think it makes a big difference who you pick.

• @john52461- look at Romney's record as a business man. As he stated in the debate, not balancing a budget means your company is failing. The President hasn't presented budgets, hasn't balanced them, and spends a trillion per year. Record vs. Record.