I want to wear skirts and dresses more. Where do you get yours?

On a daily basis I mean, instead of jeans. Basically I want to change my wardrobe but I don't know where to shop at for comfortable skirts that aren't too tacky or trashy. Ideas?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• WoW! THANK YOU! I don't mean to sound sexist, or a jerk, but I've long had to wonder about the cross-dressing double standard that is so prevalent in our culture. It is absolutely socially unacceptable for a man to wear a dress or a woman's blouse in public, but yet a woman can wear jeans, tee-shirts, hoodies, etc, and dress just like a man, and that's okay. I live in a college town where the vast majority of the college aged couples I see, at a distance of twenty feet, you can't tell which is the guy and which the girl.

To be honest, if I was a woman and a guy showed up to pick me up for a date dressed the way guys do to go out, I wouldn't go out with him. And if I showed up to pick up a woman for a date and she was dressed like a guy, I wouldn't take her.

So, if you want to wear more dresses and skirts, you are to be commended.

Now, I'll tell you a secret. If you want really nice selections of clothes at really affordable prices, go to your local Goodwill store. You'll be amazed at what you'll find there.

0|0
    2|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Anthropologie, Kate Spade & Lilly Pulitzer special occasions

Forever21 usually has cute dresses but you have to kinda swim through the overwhelming loads of clothing

H&M too, depending on the day

0|0
    0|0
  • I wear skirts/dresses daily and the majority of mine I got from resale shops such as Platos Closet, Goodwill, or Salvation Army. Hollister usually carries jean mini skirts which look super cute with leggings, and I've also found a decent selection of stuff on Amazon. Wetseal sometimes has good sales, and I have a few dresses from GAP that are super comfy. I'm not entirely sure what style of skirts/dresses you want, but there's TONS of stuff just about everywhere. If you're worried about length, you can always layer up with tights/leggings to make it more modest.

0|1
    0|0
  • In the ny/jersey area, century 21, good things, great prices. Where we take teens, 20s. Target can be good, affordable, Kmart, can sometimes have good stuff.

Most large cities have upscale thrift stores that raise money for a group. Stuff reasonable, but leans to more formal/dressy, but worth checking if you need something..

Goodwill, etc. can be good, but lots of searching. Some places have stores where you can get "seconds" - my girlfriend calls it find the flaw. Sometimes just a minor thing that doesn't matter, sometimes a broken zipper (hard to fix for me, my girlfriend can do it in a flash).

Also, some areas have outlets where good stuff, decent prices.

Be easier with an idea of where you are. Hudson Bay in Canada was good, haven't been in ages.

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually buy my skirts at Wet Seal and Forever 21.

I look f***ing fabulous.

0|0
    1|0
  • Ross

forever 21

or wear leggings under if you feel its too short

0|0
    0|0
  • J. Crew, Vineyard Vines, Lilly Pulitzer, Forever 21, H&M, Francesca's, places like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wet Seal, and Charlotte Russe sell very cute skirts and dresses but sometimes they're on the pricey side so the majority of the time I like to my clothes at target, there clothes are very cute and affordable.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes