I want to wear skirts and dresses more. Where do you get yours?

On a daily basis I mean, instead of jeans. Basically I want to change my wardrobe but I don't know where to shop at for comfortable skirts that aren't too tacky or trashy. Ideas?

53

Most Helpful Guy

• WoW! THANK YOU! I don't mean to sound sexist, or a jerk, but I've long had to wonder about the cross-dressing double standard that is so prevalent in our culture. It is absolutely socially unacceptable for a man to wear a dress or a woman's blouse in public, but yet a woman can wear jeans, tee-shirts, hoodies, etc, and dress just like a man, and that's okay. I live in a college town where the vast majority of the college aged couples I see, at a distance of twenty feet, you can't tell which is the guy and which the girl.

To be honest, if I was a woman and a guy showed up to pick me up for a date dressed the way guys do to go out, I wouldn't go out with him. And if I showed up to pick up a woman for a date and she was dressed like a guy, I wouldn't take her.

So, if you want to wear more dresses and skirts, you are to be commended.

Now, I'll tell you a secret. If you want really nice selections of clothes at really affordable prices, go to your local Goodwill store. You'll be amazed at what you'll find there.