Do drugs and alcohol open or cloud your mind?

Do drugs and alcohol show you what the world really is and being sober is just blocking that ? what's your experience with either of them and have you had any eye opening experience while intoxicated ?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Alcohol lets down inhibitions for everyone. You may see people do things they wouldn't normally do, and many times you may see a part of them that you wouldn't normally see due to them hiding it.

Drugs, I couldn't tell you. I've never had the desire to try.

I think people get the false impression that their minds are more opened when using these things. From a sober perspective. Their minds are more clouded. They believe they see more, but in reality they're seeing less.

0|2
    0|0
    • I get where your coming from but, I think getting intoxicated and seeing the (other side) its like a optical illusion its there but it make just take a little longer for most people to see it. Very good points though :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• depends on the drug really... I take no shame in saying I have ate Psilocybin Mushrooms and yes it was an experience that opened my mind to many things, also brought me more in touch with the way I view life. I don't promote it in anyway but like I said it isn't something I regret in anyway.

0|1
    1|1
  • Depends on how you use them... Consider the difference between the Visionary Herbs of the Shaman, and the Nepenthe of the Greek scholars.

0|1
    1|1
  • Drugs open my mind

Alcohol clouds it

0|1
    1|1
  • clouds it

0|1
    0|0
  • From my limited experience, alcohol did nothing to my mind but altered the amount of control I had over my body. The same was true when I woke up after getting my wisdom teeth removed. I felt perfectly normal, could think clearly, hold a conversation (well that one was a little hard after surgery for obvious reasons), etc. but when I would stand up or move the room would spin and my legs would buckle.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes