I have nocturnal panic attacks and the only thing that relaxes me is talking. Why would this be?

Talking about it in the day doesn't relax me though.

The National Health Service in the UK has a help line where you can be put through to a nurse. I find just talking to them helps. Every night that I have it, I phone them, but I feel like I'm wasting their time. I got off the phone to them about 10 minutes a go. My anxiety disappeared but now it's come back again.

I will go to my GP tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience.

thank you in advance.

21

Most Helpful Guy

• I didn't really have nocturnal panic attacks but I used to get them in the daytime a lot. Talking helps because you feel less alone, and are being distracted, but then you're just relying on that as a crutch. You need to learn to not let them bother you, and not rely on distraction, that's the way to get over them for good.

Check out these links:

link

and

link