Did my boyfriend just make a racist comment?

he is white. I know he is not racist but I find the comment offensive

i told him I was gonna get my nose pierced and he said, black people normally have big nose anyway so he doesn't see why anyone would draw any attention to it.

he even further went on saying its like a fat girl wearing tight clothes.

I know what he meant but OMG

should I tell him that I am offended

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I say racist comments to my Girlfriend all the time. I don't mean offence by it. It's just one of the light-heart-ed perks that come along with an interracial relationship. Though, I sometimes strongly disagree with the cultural differences and may offend her from time to time >.< I would hope that, if I offend her, she would tell me so that I could prevent it in the future.

0|0
    0|0
    • you may think it is light hearted perks but its not

• Like I said, if she is offended, she's more than welcome to mention it to me and I'll put a stop to it. People have to stop being so sensitive about race, IMO.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• He just stated facts. Why people actually ARE LOOKING FORWARD to be offended?

Take a look at this example:

If you call a white person a 'white' - he or she is not offended at all!

If you call someone as black, asian, arab or Indian - that person suddenly becomes very offended even though you just stated the truth.

Black people normally got big noses, that's a fact. There's no point to discuss anything about it.

0|0
    1|0
  • Lol, that wasn't SO bad.. But yeah, I think you should tell him about anything that he does that may upset you. You know, with in reason though.. If this is something that's really bothering you, then tell him.

0|0
    0|0
    • I think I was more of a shock. He has a tendency to say inappropriate things sometimes and I knew that when we started dating. It's like there is no filter between his brain and mouth.

• Well, I don't think it's really anything you should worry about right now. If he does it again maybe you should just mention that you don't really appreciate that kind of humor.

• I could see how you would get upset about it, but I don't think he meant any harm. Just let him know it bothered you and next time be more careful when he jokes around like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that is pretty offensive if you ask me. You should bring it up with him. What kind of comment to bring up anyway? Quite sudden and shocking of a thing to say

0|0
    0|0
  • well it may not be racist in his mind but tell him if it bothers u

0|0
    0|0
  • leave your boyfriend. he is ignorant and isn't sensitive to you or your race. white people know very little about black/African culture. they don't know that facial features vary depending on where in Africa you are from. blacks that came to the Americas usually came from west africa whose facial features are more broad. north and central africa facial features tend to be more narrow. that's why I don't understand when people say negro facial features when it varies greatly. tanzania which is central africa and faces are more narrow link

somalia which is northern africa and there faces are more narrow link

then you have west africa whose features are more broad (nigeria)

link

0|0
    0|0
  • Here we go...

0|0
    0|0
    • i am not mad. I was just taken aback

Recommended myTakes