How do you know if someone is blowing you off vs. actually being busy?

And why can't people be straight with you? Words are words are words are words. Word.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• In my case, when I say I'm busy, it's because I am. If I don't want to talk to someone, I don't have a problem telling them.

1|0
    0|0
    • That's good. This was a person that used to be in my life. So I'm not sure what is going on in his life now, if he's being avoidant or has things going. And because of the unsure nature of the situation, well I can't find out easily.

• Just hold on for a little while longer. If he really wants to hang out, he'll make an effort to fit you into his schedule.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I can answer the question if I have info on the situation

But if someone is busy they will usually tell you instead of lying all the time

1|0
    0|0
    • I was with him for two years. Two years later, we reconnected. So we don't know much about what's going on in each others' lives. We still feel like we know each other and we connected in an intimate way again. Then I got insecure and I pushed him away. Then I said I was sorry and wanted to explain myself. He was being hard to reach to. Maybe I hurt him, neglected his being sweet to me when we saw each other. Now, he's apparently visiting family far away. I don't know when he'll be back. But his

• last message was that he'll hopefully be back soon. In reply to my question on when we can reconnect and when he'd be back. He said months. So it's all very up in the air. The thing is he acts avoidant sometimes. I don't know if it's a result of my hurting him. I don't know if he'll come back to me, so to speak. I don't know if he's avoiding me so far as saying he's away. It's all very weird. I feel like he is away. But he said some not so nice things before. So I don't know what's real.

• Most people are very passive aggressive.

You should back off when someone is "busy". If they want to hang out, they'll let you know. That's how you know.

1|0
    0|0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes