Is this social anxiety? Or something else?

hi. I am a very social person once you get to know me (shy at first), and people really enjoy once they get to know me. I get invited to do stuff a lot, but I usually decline because I just feel very nervous that something bad will happen to me, and I feel like I will have a guilty conscious. Even though I wouldn't be doing anything bad, I just feel so bad for going out and doing anything, I don't know if I'm just nervous about being out with people and this is how my nervousness manifests? Does anyone else struggle with this? I just want to feel happy and enjoy the things people invite me to do without feeling nervous/like I'm not pleasing everyone.

21

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a bit confused--what exactly goes through your head when you turn down an invite? What you're describing is obviously some kind of anxiety, but I'm not sure about social anxiety.

Fyi, I have anxiety disorder, but was initially diagnosed with social anxiety. The simple question "What goes through your mind when..." can answer a lot of questions lol.