Is this social anxiety? Or something else?

hi. I am a very social person once you get to know me (shy at first), and people really enjoy once they get to know me. I get invited to do stuff a lot, but I usually decline because I just feel very nervous that something bad will happen to me, and I feel like I will have a guilty conscious. Even though I wouldn't be doing anything bad, I just feel so bad for going out and doing anything, I don't know if I'm just nervous about being out with people and this is how my nervousness manifests? Does anyone else struggle with this? I just want to feel happy and enjoy the things people invite me to do without feeling nervous/like I'm not pleasing everyone.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a bit confused--what exactly goes through your head when you turn down an invite? What you're describing is obviously some kind of anxiety, but I'm not sure about social anxiety.

Fyi, I have anxiety disorder, but was initially diagnosed with social anxiety. The simple question "What goes through your mind when..." can answer a lot of questions lol.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It sounds like you are suffering from some social anxiety. You can talk to a doctor about this or if you are comfortable start trying to push yourself out of your comfort zone a bit. Take someone up on an invitation and go for it. Don't allow your nerves to get the best of you. Eventually you will become more comfortable in time. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

0|0
    0|0
  • Have you controlling parents? Was some stranger trying to abuse you in the past?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes