He flirts with EVERYBODY, but does things that make me wonder?

I go to church with this one guy. He is from Kenya, but has lived in the US for the last 12 years. The first time I met him, I was an emotional wreck, so I was kinda out of it. He was doing things that were just kinda odd. They didn't bother me, but just not really expected, if that makes sense. For example: he went to give me a high-five and I obliged him, but before I could move my hand away he put his fingers down around my hand so it was like we were holding hands. O.o <---- That was my face, but I didn't let it bother me. Or he would give me a side hug, and just keep holding my arm and holding me close to him. We've known each other about 8 months or so. I asked a couple other people I know about why he did that, and asked if maybe he just wasn't aware of some of the social do's and don't's (which is why I haven't let it bother me), and they said that, in fact, he's been here for about 12 years, and that he just flirts a lot with girls. I was like 'ok, so I just won't read too much into it then', and have kept that mind set thus far. Although, the last 2 months, I've noticed that he keeps getting really close to me, like physically touching me a lot, like my shoulder, my arm, my back. About 4 weeks ago, we were at a mutual friends house and he was sitting on the couch next to me and he rested his hand lightly on my thigh, just above my knee. Now a little birdy told me that when guys do that, that it means something to them(being guys). Again, that stuff doesn't bother me at all, but it has got me wondering if maybe he likes me? Yes, he is cute, and really nice, and sweet. Yes, I may be developing a crush on him, and my opinion might be a little biased, but I'm open to unbiased opinions or thoughts. ha ha Thanks in advance! :)

01

Most Helpful Guy

• It's pretty simple that he likes you. No guy has that much physical contact with a chick unless he likes her. But since he flirts a lot, he probably "likes" a lot of girls.

• thats what I was thinking, but I've also noticed he doesn't do some of that stuff with other girls we know and hang out with

• This dude said every that I would've said...i second this advice. :-D

• haha OK well thanks for your input either way!