What is the main reason why you workout?

Build muscle.

Burn fat.

Improve cardio.

Relaxation.

Improve for a sport.

Other.

2425

Most Helpful Girl

2325
  • I workout so I don't get depressed, I gym every morning before school and that is my anti-depressant really.

I would highly recommend hitting the gym in the morning (around 6-7 o'clock), that is because "the good feeling" afterward will be there pretty much the rest of the day.

• don't really remember why I started to workout,but it was a change,i was a couch potato. now,i do it for a lot of reasons-health,better blood circulation (i'm a very shallow breather,i need to workout so I don't freeze),relaxation,strength. as for aesthetic reasons:abs. they are my go to workout area,my core is crazy strong now,and it used to be just skinny-fat

• I used to workout to build muscle but I gave up on my dreams of "getting big" a long time ago. I realized its not functional at all. I started rolling jiu jitsu a year or so ago so now I just go every now and again to stay strong as jiu jitsu is my main cardio workout. I don't know the girls seem to like a strong body too, so that's another reason.

• Good question I do it because I want to improve at soccer. My main areas of work are cardio and explosiveness. I don't really do strength training with the exception of squats and deadlifts, anything else is just plyometrics. Upper body I just do circuit training.

• lose fat, and be how I was 5 years ago, 150 pds, currently down to about 195. my metabolism is in high gear again pds are melting off. I was 250 about 8 month ago. I mainly do resistance training with cardio. I've been lazy with my cardio lately though. diet goes a long way as well, you are what you eat

• The reasons are endless. Health, looks, relaxation, etc. It started as just trying to look good; now, it's more of a lifestyle than a choice. I couldn't imagine not doing it at this point.

• to look at girls sweating in their skin tight pants

• To improve my physical fitness and strength for football (also known to Americans as soccer), and cos I enjoy it. Plus, it clears my mind and allows me to think

• When I 1st started exercising regularly...it was shocking to me how much physical fitness affects the mind. :-D

• Burn fat.

I physically get irritated by the little fold of stomach fat when I sit down, or feel the jiggling in my legs when I'm in the car. ugh..

• thats simple, to keep what I got in the back going on and to stay toned! but in the long run its just staying stayig healthy and doing the body right!

• Build strength and muscle.

While boxing, to improve power and energy systems.

I'd like to box again.

• Build muscle, I'm a gym rat but I also find it a great way to relief stress and well who doesn't like the "pump" right?

• As a gym rat, I feel as if its a good hobby if not chore to a long life.

• To keep my body functioning well (this translates to mental stamina as well), and to look better. 8-)

• Plus I enjoy playing football and basketball...and I aim to get better at those sports. 8-)

• Burn fat.

Tone.

Relax from a stressful day

Getting fitter is a bonus, it's not why I go.

• To flee from all the bad things I think about in life for a split second.

It changes both my mind and body.

• Build muscle

I have like, no fat to burn, which sucks because muscle doesn't develop easy and I get worn down QUICK

• 1/3 to feel strong and appear strong.

1/3 to stay healthy and keep my joints healthy

1/3 to look good for the opposite gender

• I love the feeling of accomplishment...feeling lighter...and to improve cardio

• To prove I can achieve whatever the hell I want.

To prove that the unreachable can be reached.

• 1)To look sexy

2)To reduce anxiety

3) to be harder, better, faster, stronger!

• Improve my chances of getting laid.

• Too look good naked.

• To get in shape and relax.

• So I can get racks on racks on racks.

• Looking good.

• To stay healthy and looking good.

• to burn fat and cause I like it

• Build muscle

Improve cardio

Get to my goal

• Muscle/Aesthetics and relaxation.

• Football.

• Improve cardio. I want to improve my racing time.

• Health is my main reason

• burn fat

• don't

• muscle, health and I want a 40 inch vert.

• if I'm stressed out it feels good to run.

• Keep fit so I don't end up looking like a beached whale or humpy dumpy !

• I'm not gonna bs anyone. I go to gym to improve my chances with the opposite gender.. And it works!

• Keep it tight! make my body right! And for healthy reasons!

• to look better lol

• Better body

• Improving anxiety

• to check out hot guys like you. mmmm.

• To get a man and keep him

• So I can tag myself there on Facebook duh! :P

• currently I don't work out...but I am getting back to my old routine so I can feel more confident, have more energy, look better and be healthier.

• To relax and get in better shape for a sport.