What is the main reason why you workout?

Build muscle.

Burn fat.

Improve cardio.

Relaxation.

Improve for a sport.

Other.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I workout so I don't get depressed, I gym every morning before school and that is my anti-depressant really.

I would highly recommend hitting the gym in the morning (around 6-7 o'clock), that is because "the good feeling" afterward will be there pretty much the rest of the day.

1|0
    0|0
  • don't really remember why I started to workout,but it was a change,i was a couch potato. now,i do it for a lot of reasons-health,better blood circulation (i'm a very shallow breather,i need to workout so I don't freeze),relaxation,strength. as for aesthetic reasons:abs. they are my go to workout area,my core is crazy strong now,and it used to be just skinny-fat

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to workout to build muscle but I gave up on my dreams of "getting big" a long time ago. I realized its not functional at all. I started rolling jiu jitsu a year or so ago so now I just go every now and again to stay strong as jiu jitsu is my main cardio workout. I don't know the girls seem to like a strong body too, so that's another reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • Good question I do it because I want to improve at soccer. My main areas of work are cardio and explosiveness. I don't really do strength training with the exception of squats and deadlifts, anything else is just plyometrics. Upper body I just do circuit training.

0|0
    0|0
  • lose fat, and be how I was 5 years ago, 150 pds, currently down to about 195. my metabolism is in high gear again pds are melting off. I was 250 about 8 month ago. I mainly do resistance training with cardio. I've been lazy with my cardio lately though. diet goes a long way as well, you are what you eat

0|0
    0|0
  • The reasons are endless. Health, looks, relaxation, etc. It started as just trying to look good; now, it's more of a lifestyle than a choice. I couldn't imagine not doing it at this point.

0|1
    0|0
  • to look at girls sweating in their skin tight pants

0|3
    0|0
  • To improve my physical fitness and strength for football (also known to Americans as soccer), and cos I enjoy it. Plus, it clears my mind and allows me to think

0|1
    0|0
    • When I 1st started exercising regularly...it was shocking to me how much physical fitness affects the mind. :-D

• Burn fat.

I physically get irritated by the little fold of stomach fat when I sit down, or feel the jiggling in my legs when I'm in the car. ugh..

0|1
    0|0
  • thats simple, to keep what I got in the back going on and to stay toned! but in the long run its just staying stayig healthy and doing the body right!

0|0
    0|0
  • Build strength and muscle.

While boxing, to improve power and energy systems.

I'd like to box again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Build muscle, I'm a gym rat but I also find it a great way to relief stress and well who doesn't like the "pump" right?

0|1
    0|0
  • As a gym rat, I feel as if its a good hobby if not chore to a long life.

0|2
    0|0
  • To keep my body functioning well (this translates to mental stamina as well), and to look better. 8-)

0|0
    0|0
    • Plus I enjoy playing football and basketball...and I aim to get better at those sports. 8-)

• Burn fat.

Tone.

Relax from a stressful day

Getting fitter is a bonus, it's not why I go.

0|0
    0|0
  • To flee from all the bad things I think about in life for a split second.

It changes both my mind and body.

0|0
    0|0
  • Build muscle

I have like, no fat to burn, which sucks because muscle doesn't develop easy and I get worn down QUICK

0|0
    0|0
  • 1/3 to feel strong and appear strong.

1/3 to stay healthy and keep my joints healthy

1/3 to look good for the opposite gender

0|0
    0|0
  • I love the feeling of accomplishment...feeling lighter...and to improve cardio

0|0
    0|0
  • To prove I can achieve whatever the hell I want.

To prove that the unreachable can be reached.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1)To look sexy

2)To reduce anxiety

3) to be harder, better, faster, stronger!

0|0
    0|0
  • Improve my chances of getting laid.

2|4
    0|0
  • Too look good naked.

2|3
    0|0
  • To get in shape and relax.

0|1
    0|0
  • So I can get racks on racks on racks.

0|1
    0|0
  • Looking good.

0|0
    0|0
  • To stay healthy and looking good.

0|1
    0|0
  • to burn fat and cause I like it

0|1
    0|0
  • Build muscle

Improve cardio

Get to my goal

0|1
    0|0
  • Muscle/Aesthetics and relaxation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Football.

0|0
    0|0
  • Improve cardio. I want to improve my racing time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Health is my main reason

0|0
    0|0
  • burn fat

0|0
    0|0
  • don't

0|0
    0|0
  • muscle, health and I want a 40 inch vert.

0|0
    0|0
  • if I'm stressed out it feels good to run.

0|0
    0|0
  • Keep fit so I don't end up looking like a beached whale or humpy dumpy !

0|2
    0|0
  • I'm not gonna bs anyone. I go to gym to improve my chances with the opposite gender.. And it works!

0|1
    0|0
  • Keep it tight! make my body right! And for healthy reasons!

0|1
    0|0
  • to look better lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Better body

1|0
    0|0
  • Improving anxiety

0|0
    0|0
  • to check out hot guys like you. mmmm.

0|0
    0|0
  • To get a man and keep him

1|2
    0|0
  • So I can tag myself there on Facebook duh! :P

1|0
    0|0
  • currently I don't work out...but I am getting back to my old routine so I can feel more confident, have more energy, look better and be healthier.

0|0
    0|0
  • To relax and get in better shape for a sport.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes