What does this email mean? After second date.. age difference 17 yrs

What does this email mean? Is he interested or not? This is after our second date... we exchanged two very brief emails then nothing for 4 days... then I emailed briefly and this was the reply email. We are 17 years apart. Is this email just a polite way of saying he is not interested?

It is Saturday evening and I am working at home. First of all, I must apologize for not contacting you much earlier than now, and especially for not doing so before you had already written me. Secondly, the main reason I have been so slow to contact you is that I have been struggling with what I would say. You have been on my mind all week and and I have been wrestling with my feelings.

I truly enjoyed spending time with you and communicating with you. And I enjoyed being with a person who is so bright and alive. I must compliment you for bothering to look up Renegade Health. I have already done a quick search on XYZ and on ABCD and 12345. These appear to be great resources that I will be looking into more.

I hope your exam went well on Monday. I am fairly confident that it did.

As always, you are very perceptive and tuned in by noticing my reaction to the age difference. I must confess that I find the difference a little daunting and it does give me pause. Eva, I am torn between seeing you again and wondering what the future would hold when I become too old to be a good partner. I don't know what to say beyond this and am sorry for presenting this dilemma.

I have sent him a couple of emails after this, confirming my interest and expressing that age has nothing to do with devotion to a partner. No reply so far... I saw him online last night, but he did not write to me. Is he still considering us, or has he just dumped me? I do not understand why he would not send a one line email letting me know he is not interested, if he is not... I am confused. What is happenning?
Today it has finally crystallized why his email shook me to my core. His letter questions my character, my integrity and everything that I stand for. It implies that I am the sort of person who would let her partner down, that I am selfish and that I have not thought this through (i.e. I am stupid or immature). Subconsciously I felt this from the second I received the email. Today finally I can see clearly.
So... I emailed him last night about the above concern and this is his reply. I will have to post it in three pieces. What does this mean?

Part 1:

First of all, my sincerest apologies for my tardiness in responding. Secondly, I would never question your character or integrity and not even remotely consider you selfish, irresponsible or immature. Actually, it is quite the opposite.

16

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. You guys were just dating isn't it? Then I wonder (without meaning to be rude) where does 'dump' come from - negative word, negative thoughts; take it out of your mind
    2. This guy is logical. If you are in your late 30's or early 40's yourself then he'd be between 53 & 62 himself?
    3. You are considering your feelings for him yes and you are right on that count, but don't discount his feelings for you which are obviously good. He wants you to be happy at all points of time. He appreciates you for sure but considering the age difference he is probably afraid of him being a liability on you at least healthwise in the future as he grows older while you still can have fun in life. He worries about your having to be a nurse to him (god forbid) etc.
    4. He is not dumping you but ensuring or trying to ensure that you get over him and find someone who can be with you in all aspects at all times.
    5. This guy is good, sensitive and righteous. Appreciate him.

• I like him and would never let him down. So how is it good for me if he does not want to be with me? Maybe this is just an excuse for him to not date me.

• What is header of that question you have posted again? I'll try to find it but just in case I'm not able to since you have posted anonymously

• 17 years age difference...