What do you think of a tattoo of your own signature?

I randomly thought about getting a tattoo of my signature to represent the admiration and love for oneself. For a long time I never thought of myself as useful and I always hated everything about myself...especially my name. But I am trying to think positive...would that be stupid if I tattoo my signature?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds good to me - the idea of a tattoo is very appealing to me if done right and at the correct place without overdoing it i.e. almost all over the body etc which can put off someone like me.

It's great and lovely that you feel positive about yourself, I'm personally happy for you (one doesn't need to know someone in person to feel good for them). Good luck on that count.

However, a signature as a tattoo is not a great idea even if hidden inside clothing. Reason is you use that signature for various purposes and even people you are with all the time don't need to know your signature or notice it. However, while being on your body on display for anyone you are with in a personal situation to see all the time; it could be misused considering it's importance in today's world.

One is safe to do that when everything becomes either retinal identified or biometric ;)

One may say I'm paranoid; NO I'm not! I believe in better safe than sorry. 9/11 and stuff don't happen everyday but can we deny it can happen :)

1|0
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Seems like a good idea. Don't overdo it though, love hearts and flames and such just kill the idea of it being personal.

That said, I got a tattoo that says "Tattoo" on my calf for the lolz, so I'm not exactly an expert on classy tattoos.

1|0
    1|0
  • What if you have to change your name go into witness protection some day? You look like a snitch... =P

1|1
    0|0
  • Where?

I know a girl that did this...

on the back of her neck...

So the guys will always know her name...

1|0
    0|0
    • Or the small of her back, so when they are in doggie, he can grab her waist and see her name too.

• Ew. That seems degrading. Defintely not there. Around that ribcage area close to my heart.

• "But I am trying to think positive" is why you SHOULDN'T get it.. NEVER get a tattoo unless you are 231314% sure you want it and will love it.

1|0
    0|0
    • You are absolutely correct. I will think about it for a longer time and research it.

• I normally don't like tattoos but if its about raising your confidence and its just something small but meaningful like this, I'd say go for it.

0|0
    0|1
  • I don't think its a good idea.

Get something that reeeeally means a lot to you.

1|0
    0|0
    • also, a bit tacky

• Are you saying I am don't mean a lot to myself? Lol

It can't be tacky, you don't even know how it will look like. Besides thanks for your input though.

• yeah I don't want to come off as mean, I think there are 1000 other things you could get that are way cooler, you know

• if this is what it takes to raise your confidence then go for it, I would if I thought it would help.

0|0
    0|0
  • And why Do you need a tattoo for? When you get to be older it will look like a large faded stain and you'll hate it and regret to have it done.

0|0
    0|0
    • I doubt I will live that long. And its gonna be tiny..besides its not like if I get that old I will be flaunting my saggyness everwhere.

• You might get board of it easily,

also its becoming a-lot more

common I like different tattoos

that not to many people have

0|0
    0|0
    • Bored* lol

And its not that common autographs are. Trust me...not many people have my name.

• Just write it every day in pen.

1|0
    0|0
  • egotistical.

0|0
    0|0
  • Think about it some more

1|0
    0|0
  • Even though a signature is unque to each individual it can be changed when or if you get married one day, you could get tired of it or it may not mean much to you somewhere down the line as it did when you first got it ( can happen with any tattoo idea). I think if you could find a nice inspirational quote from someone like Marilyn Monroe ( just an example of someone who wasn't perfect but was confident and loved by many) then why not?

0|0
    0|0
    • I understand. I am not changing my name if I get married. And I like quotes..but I will need to think about this for a long time though.

• That's good. Nice to see there are people who think before they ink :).

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

• In my opinion it's silly.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah it really is...but so are other things.

• True... But imho there are many other things you can get tattooed, such as a nice quote ;) in the end, it's what makes you happy that counts. Good luck!

• No offense sweetie, but I think it's lame as can be.

The meaning behind it doesn't even sound cool.

1|0
    0|0
    • I don't know when tattoos became about being cool? Like wtf? Its not fashion? My self esteem doesn't have to sound cool. A lot of things don't sound cool.

• okay, maybe cool was the wrong word; it sounds stupid. No offense, I'm just being honest.

• ugh that's the most retarded way to raise self esteem ever.

2|0
    0|0
    • Don't insult retarded people.

And if it is a retarded way, then I guess I think retardedly...that is a symbol I will carry everywhere. And what is wrong with having ridiculous ways of boosting self esteem when you lost it just as ridiculous if not even worst?

Recommended myTakes