Are you a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu practitioner?

i just got my blue belt and just need some input! I attend a Royce Gracie school in VA

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I LOVE BJJ, but love mma in general. I practiced at "gracie barra jiu jitsu", people who don't know much about martial arts usually dismiss anything that isn't as straight forward as stand up but jiu jitsu is awesome!

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I don't practice at a club, but I know the bread and butter of it. =P I use to wrestle freestyle and folk style. Got a bit of judo training at the same time. That was mostly the clinch and take down stuff. I picked up a number of different chokes, arm bars, triangle, key lock, etc, from guard or mount as well as escapes and counters from guard over the years. Might not be able to be competitive with guys that train several times a week, but it works when I need it. =)

0|1
    0|1
    • you should attend a brazilian jiu jitsu camp sometime

• I am confused with the term is that Capoeira?

I am into boxing so naturally gravitated into kick boxing

0|1
    0|0
    • Nope... You know Judo from Japan? It's based on that, but they tweaked some of the moves and formed their own system. The Gracie are the ones behind it's fame, founding the UFC based on it.

• its a branch off of judo but its more ground based, YouTube it lol

you should try muay thai

• Yeah I used to be in the BJJ club at my last school. I was pretty good but I got injured a lot because I was not very big so I'm taking a break to put on more muscle. I definitely want to get back into it though.

0|0
    0|0
    • and congrats on the blue belt. I know how much dedication that takes.

• Show All
    • dude get that check out man! you might have some nerve damage. I wish you the best of luck! what's your rank and who do you train under?

• Thanks, I got xrays and they said it was just an enflamed tendon. I think it'll be alright. Since it was a club and not an actual gym, we had a bunch of different coaches, and technically I never ranked up but I'm probably the equivalent of a 2 or 3 stripe white belt. I've tapped out blue belts a few times, and if someone has no grappling experience, I can usually tap them out with no problem, except I still have trouble with really big guys.

• Only done boxing as a practitioner.

Congrats on your blue belt.

Try sherdog or mixedmartialarts . com forums.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm more of a kickboxing / Muay Thai person myself.

0|0
    0|0
    • joe schilling and kevin ross but did a seminar at gym

• I'll up you one Shaolin Chinese Kempo.

0|0
    0|1

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes