Do I have any other options than Suicide?

Iv applied at every single job in my town and around where I live. I'm 24 and still live with my dad have no money and no car. The military won't take me cause of health problems. And I'm still a virgin. I see nothing but Rafters and Rope in my future.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Instead of feeling sad about what you DON"T have, I think you be thankful of what you DO have. You might think , "well there's nothing that I have to be thankful for." Well think again.

Be thankful that you live in a house. I know someone that was kicked out of their house and slept in the park for a few days then moved into a homeless shelter. I also know people your age and older that live with their parents.

Be thankful that you can actually apply for a job. Some people cannot apply for jobs because of criminal records & other issues. I think you should try a new strategy with your job hunting. Maybe you can ask someone with lots of job experience for tips on how to get a job.

Be thankful that you have life. Do you know that the mere fact that you open your eyes this morning is a blessing? Not everyone had that opportunity this morning. Make the best of what you have. God gave you the great gift of life, run with it! You have lots of stuff you want out of life, I understand, we ALL do, but should we commit suicide? No. We should WORK HARD to get them. There's nothing like that feeling of achieving something you wanted for a very long time plus worked hard for.

You don't have a girlfriend? Plenty of people are single. Plenty of people are still virgins. I can't tell you " just wait and someone great will come along" people don't just fall from the sky. You have to put yourself out there. You have to go out more and socialize. as for the car part, that will come when the money come, you can always save up and buy a car.

- always, ALWAYS be optimistic

-make a list of what you DO have & feel damn good about it lol

-make a list of what you DONT have and start planning on how to receive them then cross them out after you receive them.

Nothing that you wrote is impossible to get. They might not be easy to get but they can be achieved. There's nothing like that feeling of achieving something you wanted for a very long time plus worked really hard for. I want you to experience THAT feeling and not suicidal thoughts. take care.

0|0
    0|0
    • Please don't bring God into this. I have no Religion. But I appreciate the other things you said.

• I was hesitating to put the God part because I didn't know if you believed in God or not..but I respect your beliefs and sure your welcome.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Please don't. Suicide is never option.

Things will improve. You have to believe this. Not having a car or job is no reason to end your life.

You're worth so much more than that.

1|0
    0|0
  • u have a lot to live for. :) there are other jobs, and don't worry about finding someone to have intercourse with, everything will come when its supposed to. just concentrate on your health atm and with that try to gain back your confidence.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, every option in the world is better than suicide. Don't do it!

1|0
    0|0
  • Dude there's a saying"If you've worked hard and you didn't get success then it means didn't worked hard enough for that goal" So don't loose hope because you have only tried to find job in connecticut,...there's a whole world out there so go and find some job...and ya ask yourself why you are not selected in the previous interviews and try to overcome those weak points..,and ya about your virgin thing there's a saying"Nobody dies virgin life f***s everyone" so your tym of getting f***ed by lyf is over and a new era is begin so go out there in this world because its your time to f*** life.,...ALL THE BEST :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Dude get help.. plain and simple.. If this is the end of the world for you at 24 something is seriously wrong.

0|0
    0|0
    • id like to live to be at least 40. But its hard nowadays.

• ofcourse you have other options, you other option is to not commit suicide and keep on looking and soon enough things will get better for you :)

0|0
    0|0
    • Can you believe that over 30 people in my town including myself applied to work at the laundromat where people wash there clothes. And they Hired someone with a Masters Degree? Since when do you need a masters degree to maintain washing machines?

• Show All
    • No.

• I''ll just see if McDonald's is hiring or something. I doubt they care if you have a degree.

• Suicide isn't even an option so let's look at other things. OK you have no job, a virgin, and live at home. All of this can change. Go back to school. Going to school can open up doors and can allow for you to make new friends. Many people live with their parents, it isn't a big deal. Being a virgin is a great thing, maybe you take pride in your body and that means your not just giving yourself to just anyone or everyone. People fight for their lives daily due to cancer or somethi ng else with no cure. Life right now might suck but it doesn't need too. With basic changes things will get better.

0|0
    0|0
    • I can't afford to go to school.

• Show All
    • Thanks but I live in the US not canada. Were a lot worse off right now.

• Maybe volunteer at a homeless shelter or the hospital to give you something to do until things get better. Don't give up on a job, something will come along.

• oh come on, do you know how many 24-yearsol broke virgin guys there are on earth ? Like a billion ! Consider yourself happy not to be in the street AND being a gigolo!

Take the first apply in a fast food restaurant, save up money then buy a car ! Or go back to school whatever ! If you stay layed down all day long watching tv, you aren't going to be happier, believe me..

MOVE YOUR BODY ! You need a life plan !

PS : You're not about to be in a relationship if you're depressed enough to think about suicide at the time you're supposed to enjoy life

1|0
    0|0
  • there is always more there then there seems, keep pushing forward you'll figure it out :)

0|0
    0|0
  • You could try homicide first.

0|0
    1|2
  • Seek professional help And get out of the house more

1|0
    0|0
  • Most people take responsibility for their own lives, and make something of themselves. A tiny few are too lazy or broken to do that. And a portion of those, check out early.

If you decide that route, well, it's your choice. Don't pretend you were forced into it.

1|0
    0|0
    • Searching non stop for a job and getting turned down constantly. How is that not taking responsibility?

• You've only looked in your town for a job.

Try another town. Try emigration. Try going into business for yourself. Try doing what anyone else who has a hard time finding a job, does.

Or, you know, just jump straight to the suicide option.

• why would you kill yourself if you're still a virgin?

first you better at least get you some p****.

you never know once you get it you might become something that other women want aswell.

go on match.com its plenty of ladies on there would be glad to take your virginity and marry you.

but if you want to kill yourself more power to you.

but don't give up and you didn't even try.

1|1
    0|0
    • Dude how could I get laid with no car and no money? not possible bro.

• Show All
    • You don't understand what its like being Ugly though. I could think I'm Hot all I want. It doesn't mean they will see me that way.

• conidence goes a long way...look do this cause this is how I got my confidence when I was younger. go talk to as many women as you can.. it don't matter if you hear no cause the reason is to build your confidence and trust me you will hear no. now what made it easy for me was as soon as one would tell me no I would turn to the next in front of her and let the next one tell me no. once you realize that no is just a word then it gets easier. try it like I did it and let me know how it work for you

• You have loads of other options!

I'm 24 as well and have just left university. I'm confident so am struggling to get a graduate job. However, you make the most of what time you have. I'm volunteering in a charity shop (it gives you a sense of purpose) and am doing voluntary work for a charity which needs a website created (for the same reason, but it also gives me more experience).

Have you thought about doing charity work? If you find a charity which you feel strongly about, then it would be even better. Plus, your future employer won't see a gap in your CV.

As for having a car, they're just material and are expensive to run. You need to focus on things which will help you get a job before you can afford a car.

Every single person who I've met and is our age live with their parents. There's no way you could be earning enough to live on your own at this age.

It is horrible not having a job, or not studying full time, but keep yourself busy by helping out where ever you want to. Working for a charity would be good because you have something to wake up for.

1|0
    0|0
  • We are on the same page. I thought a lot like you did and was depressed and even thought about suicide. Sometimes I still feel down and upset at times, but as of now things have been getting a little better. I'm not completely where I would like to be in life, but it's slowly starting to look up. Thing is, you can't keep thinking of all the bad sh*t that's in your life. I know it's really hard when you looking at your life and your just feeling like there's no way out, but there is. Take things one step at time and don't give up on things. As long as your still trying there's always a way for it to start getting better. Don't worry about everything at once. Make goals and do your best to work towards them while still keeping your head up (even if at first things don't work out). Nothing is going to come you if you don't have the mind set to let it. You have to be positive. As far as having a girlfriend goes, that will come when your in a better place in life. It might even happen sooner than that, but it works a lot better when your in the right frame of mind.

1|0
    0|0
  • Do you have any other options than suicide? Yes, suicide is not your last option. It should never ever be an option.

I can give you a long list of stuff I really, really want in life that I don't have at the moment. I can also go on the street blindfolded and pick seventy-five random people on the street and I guaranteed that 100% of them don't have everything they want in life. Instead of considering suicide, I strongly urge you to focus on achieving all that you want. It is not impossible. You can have everything your heart desire, it might not happen at the same time or tomorrow or exactly when you want it to happen, but once you believe and work towards it, it will happen. The job part, and therefore money part is something I can totally relate to, but I'm still working on it, so I hope you will too.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes