Notice everyone is going off about politics but?

They are not even registered to vote... OK you like a certain president and will voice that all day over FB, yet, you have never voted nor are you even registered to vote...

I vote in EVERYTHING the preliminaries and my county elections...

57

Most Helpful Guy

• Because most people don't live in swing states.

Non-swing states will never stray from their alloted colors, Massachusttes, New York and California will always vote for the democrat no matter who it is, likewise Texas, Idaho and Alaska will always vote for the republican.

This only changes as demographics change, which takes decades. Massachusetts used to be one of the reddest states in the country up until around the 20s.

And then look at California, if it wasn't for San Fransisco and Los Angeles the state would be red. Texas is always reliably red but Austin, its capital city, is as blue as it gets, so much so that Texans have a saying: "keep Austin wierd".

Nevada is undergoing quite a change as we speak, every day new people are moving there, it's easily the fastest growing city in the country and it used to be as red as Texas, now it's a swing state that is trending blue.

The complete opposite is happening in Illinois, it's the fastest shrinking state in the country and the southern part of the state is very red, though it has yet to move into swing state status.

Since I am unfortunate enough to be trapped in Massachusetts for the time being I don't bother, if I want to vote for Romney it is a waste of time because this state will not go red anytime soon. Likewise if I want to vote for Obama it is a waste of time becase even if it were discovered that he orcastrated 9/11 this state would still give its 11 electoral votes to him.

Now once I move to New Hampshire or possibly Florida (hell, even Nevada is on the table), THEN I will register to vote.

As for the locals like district attorneys or congessmen I still have the same problem of time wasting. Our congressmen Tierny (or however you spell his name) threw his wife under the bus, getting her sent to jail to protect his political career and he is still probably going to be reelected.

Scott Brown was a major exception, I found it amazing that the one state that had a version of Obamacare already voted for a candidate that ran on a platform of vowing to provide the 41st vote to block it (how this did not send a message to the rest of the country is beyond me). But just like that, they reelected Governor Shithead, I mean Patrick and are probably going to give Scott Brown his walking papers even though he has the highest approval ratings and has been named the second most bipartisan senator in history, in favor of what? A left-wing loon who will be the biggest sheep in the senate for Obama, he could propose a law that says kill all the Cherokee Indians (of which she claims heritage) and she would support it.