Girls, if you reply with a happy face, what do you expect us to reply?

I get confused when girls reply with this cause I don't know if it means they like what I said, or if they're just trying to stop talking politely.

I don't like to over think these things tho, so I'm just asking you girls so you can clarify.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It could mean either in my opinion. I text when I can and if I don't reply it's because I'm busy. So usually if I bother to reply at all, even with just a :), it means I'm open to keep talking but that we've probably worn out the subject and I want you to pick a new one lol

Of course it could also depend on what you'd just said...sometimes guys who like me will say something about it or compliment me and if I don't feel the same way but am still flattered I'll reply with something like "aww :)" to be nice. Me not pursuing the subject but being friendly means "I like you but only as a friend so please drop this." So if you've said something potentially awkward and that's all you got, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If I get just an emoticon, I almost always stop talking until the person picks the conversation back up. Emotes /+ any form of laughter by itself is in the category of responses that I've dubbed "Conversation enders".

0|1
    1|0
  • Usually it's because we don't know what to say next. Occasionally it might be because they don't feel like talking. For me personally I'll try and at least tell them I can't sit around and text chat, but not everyone is that direct. You can either try to start a new conversation, or just leave it at that and text later

0|2
    0|0
  • When she does that you stop writing :D You'll thank for this later :d If she wants to talk to you/ has any interest she'll continue the conversation, but if she just leaves it like that it's not really a good sign, at least not when I personally do it. Sorry if this disappoints you . But I really think the best you can do then is stop writing. :)

0|1
    0|0
    • Nah I already had the feeling. Not disappointed haha, I've got plenty girls to choose from.

• I'm happy usually, but don't know what else to say.It's basically letting you take the reigns in the convo and either keep going by saying an interesting question or something OR you can just leave the convo at that.

0|2
    0|0
  • Just :) on it's own...

usually means I have nothing to say.. but nothing is rude...

:D on its on denotes happiness.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes I send a happy face because I'm actually smiling.

Or I send it because I don't really know what else to say.

0|2
    0|0
  • they like what you said. it annoys me too. its like can you follow up with words? lol

but also they do not know what to say so they use a smiley

0|1
    2|1
  • It depends on what you said to them that made them respond with a smiley face.

0|1
    0|0
  • Usually when I reply with a smile we don't really need to text anymore. I send a smile so they know that I got the message and I'm happy.

Example?

Them: The movie showtimes are 7:30 or 9:15.

Me: Ok. Let's try to catch the one at 7:30. Ttyl.

Them: Sounds good.Ttyl

Me: :-)

Other times I just don't know what to say to the person so I don't want to talk anymore. I am not trying to be rude to them so I send a smile...

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing. That's my way of ending the conversation

0|0
    0|0
  • it differs...sometimes it means I like what you said other times it means I don't know what to say, or stop talking or several other things lol :P

0|1
    1|0

Recommended myTakes