Girls, if you reply with a happy face, what do you expect us to reply?

I get confused when girls reply with this cause I don't know if it means they like what I said, or if they're just trying to stop talking politely.

I don't like to over think these things tho, so I'm just asking you girls so you can clarify.

111

Most Helpful Girl

• It could mean either in my opinion. I text when I can and if I don't reply it's because I'm busy. So usually if I bother to reply at all, even with just a :), it means I'm open to keep talking but that we've probably worn out the subject and I want you to pick a new one lol

Of course it could also depend on what you'd just said...sometimes guys who like me will say something about it or compliment me and if I don't feel the same way but am still flattered I'll reply with something like "aww :)" to be nice. Me not pursuing the subject but being friendly means "I like you but only as a friend so please drop this." So if you've said something potentially awkward and that's all you got, I wouldn't get your hopes up.