Is anyone else this scared of spiders?

I am terrified of spiders. Doesn't matter how big or small, if I see one it creeps me out, if it's too close I scream. I have to leave the room if I see one. I can't stand pictures, videos, even books about spiders creep me out. Even songs scare me, worst of all the Itsy Bitsy Spider. That song scares me and I can't ever handle it.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you have what's called "Arachnophobia" (the fear of spiders).

I almost act the same when I see lizards and sometimes snakes.

But most of the time they are the lizards.

I can't tolerate seeing their pictures or even a drawing of them.

Sometimes I cry if I see a lizards some meters away from me.

Once I saw a lizard in front of me in the street and I screamed and my eyes got teary..

And this happened in the university too. I know it's really embarrassing. -_-"

I think I have Herpetophobia.

Spiders really don't scare me as lizards do.

0|0
    0|0
    • ? Are lizards poisonous where you live? I like reptiles...but you do have some dangerous snakes...do you have that obnoxious saw-scaled viper where you live? I like most snakes...but that is one I think I would probably shoot on sight...o.O

• Show All
    • probably so

• I am confused as to what you think is dangerous (your comment on my answer) but saw-scaled vipers are possibly the leading killers of human from snakebite...we do not have them in the Americas...(:(:(:

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• aww not the itsy bitsy spider lol

my mom is that way with snakes but not as bad as you

i don't like mushrooms or even wana touch em but it more like eww rather than a fear

0|1
    0|0
  • Okay...yeah I'm not that bad. I'm still terrified of them though. It doesn't help that both of my brothers are too scared of them to kill them for me. Wasps are wayyy scarier in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • i am not, but I wish I don't' have to kill it. sometimes I have to especially when I found one in my car.

0|1
    0|0
    • Eh..cars do not bother me...but I FINALLY caught one a few weeks ago downstairs here.. and put it outside...where it will no doubt die since it is now freezing here...but he/she tried hard to get away from me and then finally hunkered all the way down..was very difficult to pin it down and then get underneath it...without harming it...only to put it outside where it will most likely die anyway...eh...I felt better for not killing it...but was way more trouble than it was worth...o.O

• Show All
    • Figure I would create a little Halloween story here.

• I used to be a lot more scared, no I don't have a problem with them unless they are in my house

0|0
    0|0
    • Well? What kind of a problem do you have if they are in your house? We have quite a few in ours...or did...winter is coming.../:

• I have a pet spider, his name is Simon :)

0|1
    0|0
    • Tarantula?

• LOL! That's cool...I know a couple of other girls on here who have tarantulas...they scare me not in the least...I thought about getting one when I was your age...had a fox snake for a few weeks...idk...I don't disapprove...just don't think that exotic pets are for me...too much work..I am good with cats...but not fish & hermit crabs...o.O

• I'm not scared of them, but I do not like them.

0|0
    0|0
  • aw. lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Naw...would be June bugs for me...o.O

0|0
    0|0
    • Ehhhhhhh taster.. You had this one?! It is dangerous! T_T

People raise some cute animals as pets not this thing! lol

And yeah I was in UAE so I saw it in Dubai zoo.

• I meant that snake is dangerous. xD

Yeah I know but they live in the deserts so fortunately I haven't encountered anyone lol. ^-^

• I hate them lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, grasshoppers do that to me though.

0|0
    0|0
  • omg terrified!

0|0
    0|0
  • I wonder why people are programmed to be afraid of spiders. I think it's those hairy little legs.

0|1
    0|0
  • not a fan of them but still think they are cool and am oddly drawn to them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I hate them

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes