Is anyone else this scared of spiders?

I am terrified of spiders. Doesn't matter how big or small, if I see one it creeps me out, if it's too close I scream. I have to leave the room if I see one. I can't stand pictures, videos, even books about spiders creep me out. Even songs scare me, worst of all the Itsy Bitsy Spider. That song scares me and I can't ever handle it.

114

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you have what's called "Arachnophobia" (the fear of spiders).

I almost act the same when I see lizards and sometimes snakes.

But most of the time they are the lizards.

I can't tolerate seeing their pictures or even a drawing of them.

Sometimes I cry if I see a lizards some meters away from me.

Once I saw a lizard in front of me in the street and I screamed and my eyes got teary..

And this happened in the university too. I know it's really embarrassing. -_-"

I think I have Herpetophobia.

Spiders really don't scare me as lizards do.

• ? Are lizards poisonous where you live? I like reptiles...but you do have some dangerous snakes...do you have that obnoxious saw-scaled viper where you live? I like most snakes...but that is one I think I would probably shoot on sight...o.O

• probably so

• I am confused as to what you think is dangerous (your comment on my answer) but saw-scaled vipers are possibly the leading killers of human from snakebite...we do not have them in the Americas...(:(:(: