Do you think dealing with people can be exhausting?

Trying to connect, building friendships or romantic relationships, etc.

Does anyone find "putting yourself out there" exhausting sometimes?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Hands up!

Sometimes I think it's just too much bullsh*t to deal with it - and what do you get in return for it?

Or let's rather say... is the reward always worth the effort?

0|0
    0|0
    • Exactly - investment without reciprocation.

What a mindjob people can be!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Totally! It takes effort to build friendships and relationships! Sometimes it's worth it and sometimes it's not. If I really enjoy someone's company then it's worth the effort. If not, well I'd rather be kicking it at home with my dog or going to the gym. A quiet night at home is nice sometimes :-)

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends upon the person in question. Yes at times with some people it can be unendingly exhausting.

Putting yourself out there is something I never do and that is being honest. However, all my friends and acquaintances turn to me first whenever they require something since I'm a very handy kind of guy and sort most things out faster and easier - I do it for them. But I am very selective about who 'I put myself out there for' else my life will be swamped with calls and requests lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Dealing with constantly negative people is exhausting. Dealing with positive people, that can be uplifting.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't find it exhausting, but trying to connect with people to little response can be annoying/frustrating at times.

0|0
    0|0
  • it can be at times, especially at work where iam forced to make friendly banter with people I don't hang out with outside of work. some days I enjoy it some days id just rather not talk at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • not really. I'm pretty outgoing so I find being alone to be exhausting. if I spend the day alone without seeing my friends I'm like "damn, I gotta go out !"

0|0
    0|0
  • hmmm I have a suspicion you might be an introvert ;) .. yah it def can be

0|0
    0|0
    • I just find the process unbelievably exhausting sometimes... try try try and try some more.

ugh, haha

• Show All
    • I tend to care more than the other people... I guess that's the way it goes.

• well, most people in the world are a**holes.. there are people that appreciate it more too though

• hell yes it's exhausting

0|0
    0|0
  • Im sorry I was such a jerk before. If I friended you again would you forgive me and accept it?

0|0
    0|0
    • You unfriended me? Haha

• by accident yea

• Oh I think that all the time. There are certain people that you just don't click with and it takes such an effort to maintain that friendship or whatever connection you may have.

0|0
    0|0
  • Generally if this is the case, it's a good indication that you're an introvert. Extroverts tend to find such activities invigorating.

Note I mean introvert in the correct sense, not as a synonym for "shy" or "quiet".

0|0
    0|0
    • The very definition of introvert IS "a shy person" :-P

• No, it isn't. You're making the same mistake many people make who never bothered to look it up.

• I know what an introvert is, and yes that is a very generic simplified definition. I was just teasing you, note the tongue face.

This response is the very reason why people are exhausting.

• Ya especially with uptight people.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes