I am occasionally impulsive and don't think about people's reaction till after the fact, is this a turn off?

So my mother and I frequently bust each others chops and it's all done in a joking matter ... But because it's on Facebook I'm not sure how people would react. I was really pulling my moms legs and was living in the moment. So this guy who likes me, and I him, gets into the conversation and seems to be entertained with the discussion and later decides to bow out of the conversation. He is a bit conservative and big into family ... The more I think about it the more I believe I'm just an idiot since people

Who don't know my relationship with my mom may say I'm ungrateful and mean to my mom. Are my worries unfounded? And is it a turn off to see others busting each others chops? Lastly how can I fix my lapse in judgement? Thanks

10