Does ex boyfriend mean it when he told me to leave him alone?

i met my ex boyfriend on a dating site 3mos ago. we're both in our early 30's. I know you'll say its a short time but its something special and we talked for hours everyday and had private moments on Skype. til we had some misunderstanding and he accidentally called me with his ex's name, I made a big fuzz out of it and he said it was an honest mistake and no big deal. the next day told him maybe he's not over with his ex of 10yrs who broke up with him 5mos ago and I think that we need time to think what we want in our relationship and he agreed and told me that I need to take some time too Because he thinks I'm not over my ex boyfriend. so, we stopped talking for a few days but I'm the one who first contacted him and he said he needs some breathing space and that he has family problems. but I kept on contacting him every 3days and I called him many times but didn't answer and instead sent me a message saying he needs more time. I said hurtful things to him Because he wouldn't answer my calls and I was going crazy. and he finally replied and said that after all the sh*t I said he came to a point that he give up and that he wish me the best. but didn't end there I bombarded him with calls and msgs almost everyday but still didn't answer and not responded to my msgs. then I stopped for 3wks then started contacting him again but same thing no answer. then last night I sent him an email asking him to be forward and honest with me then he finally replied. this is the exact message "Honestly I don't think I can handle anymore disappointment in my life... so please leave me be... wish you find someone who is more forthcoming for you than I could ever be" - - - now my question is does he mean it? I want him back in my life, is it possible for reconciliation? or does he have someone else that's why its easy for him to say that? Because it took him 2mos to actually reply. and I admit I was kinda crazy to smothered him with calls and msgs that is only because I want to know what's going on and the fact that he don't answer made me said hurtful things. Pls help me. Thanks.
the relationship only lasted for a month, short time but meaningful. thanks

01