What are your thoughts on medical marijuana?

Do you believe that medical marijuana actually helps people out? or do you believe that it should legalized. I've been around smokers my entire life, an majority of them that I come in contact with seem like better, readjusted people, an most of them down to earth. Much happier then any drinkers that I've known. But what are your thoughts on this plant?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude here in india there's a town kasaul where it is legal to have marijuana...and its natural marijuana here in india,specially in mountain areas but a marijuana mixed with chemicals produce bad results on mind and body.,...so as long as you are taking natural marijuana its good..

Marijuana good effects>

1.It makes a person peaceful.

2.It makes you realize who you are and where you stand.

3.As you said it makes a person down to earth, in other way it ends your ego.

4.A person starts to think positively...nd more

BAD EFFECTS>

1.cancer

2.cancer

3.cancer.

It increases the chances of cancer and cardiac diseases.

Dude you have seen many movies on this herb like pineapple express and many more but you must watch this documentry "BOM:ONE DAY AHEAD OF DEMOCRACY" it is real story of kasaul(india) where world's top class marijuana is found :)

1|2
    0|0
    • 4.It increases the chances of mental diseases.

• u are right my friend but it'll increases the chances of mental diseases only if you are taking chemical mixed marijuana...pure marijuana has no bad effects on brain

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• In my opinion, the government should just legalize it. There are no medical research studies indicating that is is anymore harmful than alcohol and it certainly isn't as harmful as cigarettes. Though, if legalized, the corruption behind it would no longer allow government officials to benefit from it without public knowledge. At the very least, they should focus only on production and trafficking. Arresting and charging people for possession is a severe waste of time, money and man-power.

1|2
    1|0
  • I think that all types of Marijuana/Cannabis/Hemp should be legalized without constraint, both for medical/biological and industrial purposes.

0|1
    2|2
  • well of course I don't recommend smoking anything,smoke isn't good for your health no matter the plant inside the wrapper,but,i do think it should be legal. it's a plant,what's next-eggplants are illegal? if some people aren't able to find a way to be relaxed without it-why not? using chemical drugs isn't good for you either,at least pot is a plant.

0|1
    0|0
    • Being a plant doesn't make it safe. There are lots of plants that are toxic or poisonous to us. Magic mushrooms, opium, deadly nightshade etc.

• Show All
    • "at least pot is a plant." It sounds nice...but this is about "just plants":

link

• so what if some plants are poisonous? knives can be used as a weapon but they still help us,should we ban them?

• I'd love to answer this question but gag keeps bugging me telling me I can't be a bitch anymore no matter what.

0|0
    1|1
    • No go for it, what are your thoughts on this?

• Show All
    • Correction. "Lazy as you". Yeah, distant you know nothing about me or what I do. *sigh* idiots talking hard on the Internet. What a country.

• Hmmm...I see two people that are either 40 year old virgins or would rather see me as myself and not what gag wants me as. Either way, I don't care.

• Whenever I see an American or British crime fighting program I chuckle when I see people getting arrested for possession of marijuana or hash. To me as a dutchman it is like watching people getting arrested for eating hamburgers. Same applies to prostitution. Grown people should be able to decide for themselves, like said, cigarettes and alcohol cause a hel of a lot more pain and suffering but those are allowed because the government makes big bucks out of it.

As to the medical application. In biochemistry there is this saying: a chemical compound is either a toxin, a medicin or nutriant depending on dosage.

0|1
    0|0
  • Smoking it or getting it intravenously, patch.pill or liquid form is fine with people with in real need of breakthrough medication.

0|0
    0|0
  • i would vote against legalizing marijuana but medical marijuana is OK, I see a lot of pple sharing and selling but the world isn't perfect

0|0
    0|1
  • as a jamaican I say "free up the weed policy" lol

0|2
    1|0
  • I don´t think any drug should be legal nor do I think they are "acceptable" or "cool". Eventually, they are not good. If you want to feel okay, relaxed, peaceful and happy try going for a walk, finding a hobby, painting, being creative, learning an instrument, writing, whatever you want. But don´t tell me that drugs are helping you. There are healthier ways to feel good.

0|0
    0|1
  • I hate marijauana. I was convinced that it was really safe etc, but the THC caused me to have a panic attack which has given me an anxiety disorder. This was six years a go, and I am still having panic attacks because of how traumatic it was. I'm going on anti deppressants soon, so hopefully they will help.

I had a friend who became really paranoid when he was on marijuana, and it seemed to make him really I'm not sure of the word... dopey/drowzy? Even when sobre. It does have a chemical that affects your brain. This is acknowledged medically, so it isn't a myth.

I know it's fine for lots of people, but people should stop making out that it's safe. It really isn't.

1|2
    1|4
    • Thank you! I don't get these people that think its 100% okay. It's not.

• Show All
    • Or you could just be a doctor and know that THC is fine. Anything used extensively for long periods of time is abusive. You can die by drinking too much water. It happens to many people every year, in fact. A large enough dose of nearly any metabolically processable chemical will kill you or cause brain damage.

• The panic attack was caused after one joint. With alchohol, you can have a few glasses of wine and it's said to bring benefits. With marijuana, the smoke enters your lungs and chemicals enter your brain with no lasting benefits- only detriments.

In fact, marijuana has 20 times more ammonia than tobbacco. It increases your chance of developing a psychotic illness by 40% (there is loads of research proving this). It would be like prescring tobacco because it relaxes some people.

Recommended myTakes