How often do you get told you don't act your "race"?!

How many of you don't fit your stereotype?

Do you act a certain way when you are around a certain group of people?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Only blacks get this comment because they're not expected by others to act civilized or educated.

4|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I'm often told I act like a Russian yet I am not Russian but Ukrainian origin. Strangely enough Jewish people identify with me and I often called Jewish mainly because I am in the medical profession I think I was born in Argentina so Spanish is my language LOL! all very confusing to me ha!ha!

0|0
    0|0
  • i get told I don't act filipino because I can't cook and I'm not very nice.

is it my fault my parents had a maid when I was growing up? and I am learning to cook because I cook for my man everyday!

and I'm only bitchy at work when someone tries to walk all over me! or my beau's mom gets in my face talking how I should be like her.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really live in a multicultural society so I don't really know how I act, I don't think race should come into it, people act like people at the end of the day. The power of emotions erases any preconceived assumptions about racial behavior .

0|0
    0|0
  • Obviously not, I think only us white people get the privilege of being clueless about this like, "What in heavens name do you mean? I just act like a person!"

When you think about what type of behaviors a white person would have to do to illicit someone telling them, "You act black," it would be ridiculously offensive. But what does "you don't even seem black" mean? Acting like you've read a book before? Not speaking like Little Wayne? It would probably make my blood boil if I actually witnessed someone say that, I don't know how you put up with it XD

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I always act like a dumb white guy, so I guess I fit my stereotype haha.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ummm! Never unless I jokingly do it.

Never been in a place where they tell me that I don't act like my race.

0|0
    0|0
    • But people expect me to be arrogant mostly, not the adults but the girls in my age, because to them a dark girl is arrogant,loud and problems creater.

• I've been around white people most of my life, so I'm usually asked why I don't act Asian lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I do

My black friends say I don't "act black" and my Hispanic friends say I don't "act black" or "act Mexican"

Not too often, but when race comes up they always feel the need to say something. But honestly, I'm not offended mostly because my closest friends(or they were) are Hispanic and since I've left for college they've been hanging out with some other group of random people we went to HS together with and they're straight up mojos, so it's not even offensive

I don't even hang out with them anymore cause they always go drinking, getting drunk with their new friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • People are people the color of you skin has nothing to with how good or bad a person is...

My 2%

0|0
    0|0
  • never. I've been told I have a black girl's ass though

0|0
    0|0
  • All the time

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I act like me :)

0|0
    0|0