Is it possible to change body types?

I'm very pear-shaped. My bottom half is like average sized I wear size medium and rarely size small bottoms. My legs and hips aren't that big but I guess they are proportionally because for tops I wear x-small and small. I'm 5'8" 130lbs. Overall I would say I can spare some pounds as I'm an average build.

Is there anyway I can go from pear shape to hourglass or ruler or something more proportional? I don't want to be bottom heavy. I want thinner legs. Or am I stuck being pear shaped?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• That is your natural body somatotype...no matter what you do, due to your bone structure and how your body gains muscle and stores fat, your bottom will always be thicker than your top.

There are many guys that dig the pear-shape; prominent hips and butt! :)

Why do you not like being pear-shaped? :(

• I can't just lose the muscle and fat from my bottom and have the top stay as is?

I've just always found modelesque body types very beautiful and sleek. Clothes always look great on people with hour glass body and even better on ruler/banana body types. I don't like people commenting on how I am pear shaped and how I have such thick legs, wide hips, and big butt. My mom always has something to say about it. That I'm not exercising enough and that I will be come fat in my later years unlike her.

• I feel like 3/4 of my weight is on my bottom half. It's very centaur like except with 2 legs instead of 4. I can't wear cute things like other girls because I have to be very conscious of my shape. I just feel very uncomfortable about my body type and I want to change it. My legs are like the same size as my boyfriend's except he is like 6'1" and weighs way more than me. I will never let him see my legs bare.