Why can't I be confident and full of myself the way a lot of men are?

I noticed in college that a lot of attractive, intelligent men are very into themselves, yet I feel that way...almost never. Maybe if I am talking to someone younger than me. Why can't I be as full of myself as a lot of men?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• There is a difference between being confident and being arrogant. You do not want to be arrogant. To be confident simply means being sure of yourself. I've written two articles on this matter. Here's the first one... link and the second one is currently on the main page.

Also, look at if these guys are serious or if they are just joking around. I will be playfully condescending with my friends, but that's only in private settings. And they know I'm not really like that anyway.

• I don't mean condescending...I mean genuinely confident in your abilities to the extent that you don't care what anyone else thinks or how they feel.

• That's basically what confidence is. It's a state of mind that filters into your behavior. You can be confident, but not appear so and vice versa.

• Islam is all about "Rights". Everyone has rights; men, women, parents, children and of course, Allah and His prophet, peace be upon him, have "Rights" as well.

The opposite of giving people their "Rights" (Haqq), is "Oppression" or "wrong-doing" (Dthulm). And Allah says again and again in Quran, "Verily, Allah does not love the 'Dthalimun" (wrong doers).

It is the Right of Allah to be obeyed by His worshippers. It is the Right of the prophet, peace be upon him, to be obeyed by his followers,