What should I give her?

My younger sister is going to live in another country, what should I give her as remembrance of her brother?
Updates:
every new and creative idea is appreciated :)

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe some family pictures in one of those picture frames that you can put multiple pictures in. Or something that would remind her of some memory or inside joke you/the family and her share. Maybe something that she might need for the move or so she doesn't have to get it when she gets there. These decade based candy boxes are really cool too.

(I don't know anything about the site or how legit it is I just googled, just posting the link for an example. You can search candy shops in your area to see if they do this or other sites.)

link

0|1
    0|0
    • It is a good idea too, thank you for answering and sharing the link :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Something that she wouldn't be able to get over there. If you guys are into the same sports team or a TV show that you watch together get her something like memorabilia from that. If not you could get her a scrapbook/photo album and put the first few pictures as being you and her and your family, or just you waving and smiling! That way she can collect lots of memories to bring back to show you and she will always be able to look at the beginning when she is homesick and smile (:

Good luck!

2|1
    0|0
    • Oh thinking of her being homesick is very sad, thank you for your answer and idea specially about same TV show

• aw, this question makes me sad. It'd be hard to say goodbye to one of my sisters if they left the country. lol this kinda tears me up. Well, I'd give her a quilt and some pepper spray. Quilt for something to be there for them and pepper spray to defend themselves with. Both symbolizes what I want for them. To be safe and to never feel alone.

If you really wanna be deep about it, give them something you made yourself.

0|1
    0|0
  • Something useful.. Does she have a web cam? So she can Skype you? If it's a place she doesn't fully speak the language get her Rosetta stone.. If there's an online fruit basket delivery their do that with a card.. Send her something simple that she might miss from home like her favorite snack that they don't carry in the area she's moving to (although shipping won't be cheap). Maybe customise one of those digital picture frames and load family pictures into it...

0|1
    0|1
    • oh so get her a necklace.. gee's lol

• Show All
    • Ok Thank you :)

• actually they don't have it but adorama does and they have it for $3.00 with free shipping.. not so bad haha

• A necklace or a charmed bracelet with things she desire hung around it including one to symbolise siblings love or something to remind her of you. She can wear it everyday and remember who gave it to her.

0|2
    0|0
  • Some little credit card sized photos of you and you two together would be nice! Print them on thick super glossy paper or laminate them. You can also get self sealing see through credit card sized things to put them in.

Maybe a necklace or bracelet... She will always remember you gave it to her.

But don't get an expensive one or she will not wear it or feel awful if it gets lost or stolen.

0|0
    0|1
    • Interesting points in your answer, I like the credit card size idea, thank you :)

• i agree with the whole picture thing but I'd say a camera with a good sized memory card and the first set of shots could be of her friends and family.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would give her a hug and give her money.I can't imagine my baby sister going over seas I still can't believe she is a teenager now.I don't like it now that boys are looking at her.lol

0|2
    0|0
    • Brother feelings, thank you :)

• Yep or I would give her a prepaid phone and tell her it is a specialty phone that won't let any guys numbers be added.Unless it is family.lol

• My best friend gave me a bracelet before she left, and I still wear it every day no exception because it feels like it's a part of her. I'm sure your sister will feel the same way if you get her a bracelet

0|1
    0|0
  • a picture might work but I don't see it as meaning a whole lot to her. I think if you gave her your favorite shirt or hat. you know something that reminds her of times you spent together that also had sentimental value to you.

2|0
    0|0
  • Something she can wear/carry with her. But give her also a picture of you and her framed so she can have one at home too :)

0|2
    0|0
  • I really think you should get her a piece of jewelry, like a necklace or bracelet she could wear everyday. Every time she looks at it she'll think of you. :)

0|1
    0|0
  • If you want her to remember you and your family (mmostly you) Give her a framed picture of a good moment you both had. BTW the picture should include you and your sister. :) Hope it helps

1|0
    0|0
    • It is a good idea, the bad thing is I'm not the kind of person who likes taking pictures, so we have few pictures as you described

• If it were my sister or brother leaving the country and I wasn't sure when I would see them again, I would probably get him or her a little box and in it put things we did together as children. Example: when I was a kid I drove my sister crazy listening to the same song over and over again, she would get so mad but these days we laugh about it. So I would probably get that song on a cd for her. Another Example: when I was in 8th grade I got this shirt I liked more than any shirt ever and I still have this shirt to this day, anyway my sister used to always make a comment about how I should get that shirt tattooed on me, or she would just look at me and say "AGAIN...?" I know if I gave her that shirt she would never forget me. Maybe if you have something like that with your sister or something similar maybe you could do the same. Hope that helps ya in someway.

0|1
    0|0
  • something she likes.

I have 3 brothers.

my oldest brother gave me my first hair blow dryer when I was 12.

my 2nd oldest brother gave me a book from one of my favorite book series.

my youngest brother, the best gift he ever gave me was a Christmas card of my favorite cartoon.

0|0
    0|0
    • I have tried the last two\, Thank you for sharing and answering :)

• I gave my little sis a bag of my clipped toenails for her birthday once...she'll never forget that gift haha. I was a stupid teenager and grew up tormenting and simultaneously loving my little sister so no haters! Give her something that represents you or a picture of the two of you. A lot of the girls answers are really good, follow what they're saying.

0|0
    0|0
  • you can give her a simple gift as a ring , bracelet or chain of your names

1|1
    0|0
  • A last moment hug.

I'm sure you two will keep visiting each other.

1|0
    2|1
    • Sure I do hug her but I want to give her something that she can keep it in her hands, Thank you for your answer

• i think a funny picture of yourself or one with you and her in a really cool frame. It could be a cheesy frame from a favorite vacation you took when you were younger, or one of those frames where you can record yourself saying something. I don't have siblings but I think that would be cool if I did have one.

0|0
    0|0
  • i think something like a necklace with a simple charm on it that has some significance to you both would be cute or a charm bracelet.something along those lines.something meaningfull where she would look at it and remember the good times you had together.

0|0
    0|0
  • Give her a piece of jewelery, something casual she can wear on a daily basis, which has something meaningful engraved. Like a necklace with a pendant which has a personal message engraved. I would love for something like that from my brother, I'd never take it off and it would be my favorite piece of jewelry

0|0
    0|0
  • If I were you, Id wait for her to arrive to the country and after a few weeks or months, I would send her some of her favorite snacks which she can't get there. That would be the best present in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes but she can't keep them for a year or more, but thank you for your answer :)

• A collage of photos featuring you two together...right from your childhood till date...also a letter, get it calligraphed, with your feelings for you, how you have always felt for her and always will... :)

0|0
    0|0
  • A digital photoframe with family photos - and she can also add more.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know how strong your bond is with you're sister, but if you two have inside jokes together, you should definitely give her something connected to a fun time you had with her. I once gave my brother a little box with sweets (his favourite) and on the back a photo of me, where we had recently laughed about. I got a message from him the other day saying; I dropped the box today and saw your pictured, I lol'ed very hard.

0|0
    0|0
  • give her something that she knows you enjoy using and playing with and tell her to hang onto it tell she get's back for Christmas or what ever.

if you have any crafting hobbies like painting or what ever you can make her something.

0|0
    0|0
  • i always give my sister Indian burns when I don't want her to forget me.

0|0
    1|0
    • i don't think it is good idea when she is leaving, thank you for sharing anyway :)

• Get a medium sized to big frame with several photos so she can put it on the wall. That way she can have several pics ranging from when you were a kid and til you are older and maybe a couple with both of you'll together.

0|0
    0|0
  • Something that would remind her of you or a personal belonging of yours that you're fond of.

1|0
    0|0
  • Something meaningful and small, easy to carry..something that will remind her one of your good laughs together ; )!

Hang out with her before she goes too.

0|0
    0|0
  • A bracelet or necklace that fits her style. I have an inexpensive one my little brother gave me for my birthday. I wear it all the time, and it makes me think of him now that he's out of state for college.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe books you know she enjoys. Reading them will remind her of you. Put a nice not on the inside front cover of each one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Framed pic of you and her together. Possibly a digital picture frame with several pics of you and her...and maybe some pics to remind her of home.

0|0
    0|0
  • A photograph of you two together along with something reminding you of a fun memory or joke. Also, a nice letter about how much you'll miss her.

0|0
    0|0
  • One of your favorite shirts & a gift. And take her out for the day before she loves. Nice to see how you care for your sister (:

-A

0|0
    0|0
  • Something that reminds her of both you and her home country, or your culture even.

0|0
    0|0
    • The question is what is the best thing to remind her these things, Thank you for your answer

• well, how about an large-size family photo of your family standing in front of a city or country landmark if there are any in your town?

• it is good but I want something special just from myself

• You coould make a scrap book of photos of you both together from while you grew up.

0|0
    0|0
  • hii, there--

give her either a scrapbook full of pictures of the two of you, or just a single picture in a frame. maybe write her a nice little note telling her how much you love her and are going to miss her and all that good stuff. also, I would put together a little "care package" of her favorite snacks and little things she might need--for instance, is she going to need stationery, stamps, etc. in order to maintain contact with her family back home? or, will she need a phone card or a prepaid phone? you might also include a little stuffed animal of some sort--nighttime can be a lonely time when you're far away from your loved ones, and that would be something that she could cuddle with when she felt lonely and started missing everybody.

good luck, darling!

God bless,

~sarah~

")

0|0
    0|0
  • A big picture made out of smaller pictures of you two, since you were kids untill today :)

0|0
    0|0
  • something she can wear, so that she can remember you when she see it or wears it. Like wrist watch or something.

0|0
    0|0
  • A scrapbook filled with pictures of both of you and of good memories :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Your phone #, Skype name, Facebook... Something to actually talk (skype is best).

0|0
    0|0
  • A note and something you made like a bracelet or cool necklaces! Something that comes from the heart! Good luck

0|0
    0|0
  • a thing that have a special meaning. it may be a pen, paper, teddy, whatever. but ir must mean something

0|0
    0|0
  • Make her an album of childhood photos of both of you,

or, get her something which both of you always fought to have as a kid!

0|0
    0|0
  • Make a portrait of all your pictures of the moments you miss the most spent with her

0|0
    0|0
  • get a really nice photo frame and put a picture of you two as kids in it :)

0|0
    0|0
  • a .357 other countries are dangerous

0|2
    0|0
  • Give her the D, and she'll never forget you.

0|0
    1|1
  • a picture!

0|0
    0|0
  • confederate flag

0|0
    1|1
Show More

Recommended myTakes