Pathetic question - Do feelings trump reality?

I have a huuuge crush on this one guy. I have a genuinely tough time liking someone but with this guy I get the butterflies-blushing-knees-weak-heart-beating-syndrome.

But I know nothing will ever happen with us cos its been nearly a year.

I can easily avoid him to the point I never see him again. But I love the feelings he gives me even tho he doesn't like me. (Yes I know its pathetic and sad!). So what to do. Does feelings trump reality? Better to dream?

03

Most Helpful Guy

• No, reality bitch slaps feelings into next Tuesday. First of all, why are you so sure nothing is going to happen. "Its been nearly a year". So...? What's happened during that year? Did you try telling him your feelings? Secondly, let's assume nothing is going to happen. How long are you really going to be happy chasing something you can never have? Can you be absolutely sure that the longing won't get to you some point and you won't crash into a pit of sorrow? Love may feel great, but it's not a one time experience. You might be passing up potential, wonderful partners because you're too busy drooling over someone who won't have anything to do with you. You're robbing yourself. That just doesn't strike me as healthy.