Girls and bad boys. Why, oh why?

Tell me, what is it that the majority of girls is attracted to a douchebag? A lot of girls I know date a guy who completely treats them like trash. And they dig it. They cry, of course, suffer, but they're putting up with it.

A nice guy, on the other hand, gets boring with time. I can't comprehend it and always laugh when chicks talk about finding the best guy. But when they actually do, they're still not satisfied.

From my experiences, it's better to be an idiot than a prince charming in order to keep a chick "interested".

44

Most Helpful Girl

• I have answered many questions like this so I'll try to summarize what I've said and hopefully it'll make sense.

"Bad boys" typically possess 90% of the qualities that women look for. They are typically attractive, charismatic, and confident. "Nice guys" typically possess 15% of the qualities women look for. They could be intelligent and nice, but they are quiet and "dull."

Women would rather get 90% of perfect and have to deal with 10% of not than get 15% of perfect and have to deal with 85% of not.

Compare this to cars. If you are looking for a car and you find one that is everything you're looking for -- model, color, year, engine, shiny paint...but has the wrong color interior and you also find one that is not the right model, color, year, engine, and the paint is chipped and there are no wheels...but it has the interior color you're looking for, which will you pick?

You'll pick the one with the wrong interior. Girls are the same way. It's shallow, but unlike cars, people are not "fixer uppers." You can't fix a person or change them to be different. So they'd rather deal with 10% of less desirable qualities than deal with 85% of it.

Make sense?

• What if a nice guy has qualities of the bad boy? What then? I have many friends like that and am one myself.

• I agree with everything but the attractive part. Attraction doesn't corelate to personality. The biggest *sses were just average, but still jerks and still had women fawning over them.

And the most decent men I know are actually considered by the women to be very attractive. They are definitely not pushovers, but never mean to anyone.

• I know. I have met some very attractive nice guys. Generally speaking, however, attractiveness and confidence occur most in the "bad boy" genera of men.