Who should I vote for and why?

Exactly what it says. Go.

EXPLANATION: Politics confuse me, so make it easy to understand. This is a serious question, and you could seriously help me determine who I end up voting for.

I ask because I don't want to vote without being informed about both parties, but I don't want to sit back and ignore the election like it isn't happening. Help a fellow American out.

25

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay. So I've just read all the answers to your question. And no one has answered it. Everyone is just telling you who they're voting for. So lemme break this down as simply as I can. General overview...

Romney wants to tax the sh*t out of middle class folk and the poor. So much so, that people like me will be paying more taxes than his rich ass is every year. The economy can't survive without the middle class, and if Romney's laws go into effect, the middle class will be gone. Which means everything is screwed. Socially, being a republican, he is very conservative. He is extremely religious, and therefore against gay marriage. And when it comes to women's rights, his vice president is actually worse than he is. They believe that even if a woman gets raped, they shouldn't be allowed to have an abortion. Also, they're going to stop funding life-saving organizations like planned parenthood, which help a lot of women get health care that they couldn't otherwise afford.

Obama is more about providing for everyone, not just the rich. He believes that people who make 6,000,000,000 a year should pay more taxes than those who make 60,000. For the past four years he's been trying to repair the eight years of damage that George Bush caused. Everyone expects an instant result, and folks are growing impatient that he can't fix the economy in half the time it took to destroy it. Any realistic person would understand why he hasn't made a big dent in that progress. If we reelect Romney, we might as well reelect George Bush--who got us into debt that's so high it cannot ever be repaid, and all that money? It didn't go into anything useful, like providing education for people. It went to a WAR. A war about greed. Anyway, back to Obama. So socially, Obama believes in equal rights. Basically the opposite of Romney. He believes that gays have the right to marry, and is very invested in women's reproductive rights.

This is very very vague, and please, as a disclaimer, don't take anything anyone on gag says about politics too seriously. There are a lot of nuts on here. I understand why politics may overwhelm you. There's a lot of lying that goes on, and its hard to keep the facts straight. Alright folks, feel free to go wild on that thumbs down button ;)