Conspiracy theories...what do you think about them?

So as you may or may not know there are a lot of people who think very critically/harshly about our government, media industry etc.. Some believe in the illuminati, that 911 was an inside job, that different institutions like the church, government, politics, the media industry are all working together to serve the elite & that the elite have a long time plan to create a one world order...they predict a world war 3 and think that the elite's are out to enslave the human race, there is also the aspect of human-alien hybrid reptilians & that aliens are living in Antarctica and have a base on the moon, that we are being poisoned through food, cosmetics, vaccines, etc .. of course there is a lot more to them... but how much do you know about different conspiracies and do you agree with any of them if not why do you disagree? Have you ever heard someone else talking about them? Did you feel like that person was out of their mind or did you take some time to think about it? How do you feel about others who do believe in these things?

I am wondering what different people think about this stuff.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The problem with Conspiracy Theorism is it doesn't separate THERE WAS A SECOND SHOOTER, A SECOND SHOOTER from legitimate hints towards a conspiracy. Everything subversive becomes lumped under the great big tinfoil hat (a King's Lead Hat, perhaps) and gets shredded a apart by the nut jobs. Anything legitimate becomes batsh*t insane very quickly. For example, observe chemtrails; a little of digging will reveal that there were actually some major droughts somewhere around the 30s-40s, when Chemtrails started appearing on planes. And basically, agriculture was at some risk. So, the governments put chemicals in the planes to aid in rainfall. Because I don't have the actual evidence on-hand, I'll use a logical example to demonstrate this; do you remember how everyone promised Global Warming would dry everything up? As well as raising the water level, it would create horrible acid rain and droughts, etc? That's true, that's part of global warming. Many of our major deserts today first appeared during the Little Warm Period, a prehistoric example of global warming. However, there's very little acid rain, and virtually no droughts. Chemtrails were a preventative measure easy to install.

And why the theorism? Because they're putting *chemicals in the sky*, people can't know this. There'd be mass outcry, and they might have to stop, and then we'd have horrible droughts. It sounds like it's just helpful and people wouldn't object but, we're talking about the 30s. (The global warming example is a little off here, because it only came to widespread attention in the late 80s, but regardless, this is when the threat of drought began, and this is when chemtrails began) People wouldn't stand for that in the 30s, they were a superstitious people. Everything was kept secret, back then, from nuclear bombs to fast trains.

Solution? Toss it to the conspiracy theorists, add a few rumours; 'It's poisonous chemicals...' - now the conspiracies go everywhere from poison, in order to decrease the population, to suppressing the pineal gland so we can't see ghosts, to poisoning the crops and trying to create droughts! It's gone full cycle, back around, but exactly the wrong way! No one would ever guess!

This is the art of disinfo, and it spreads like wildfire in the Conspiracy Theorist circuit.

I have waaayyyy waaayyyyyy waaaaayyyyyyy more to say than that, but I've run out of room, so...

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• A conspiracy theory is a complete fabrication by simply applying logic to a bunch of random events and establishing a pattern using only the data that supports your claims.

The US is famous for having the most conspiracy theorists. But the main reason for that is because the US government is famous for its actual, recently-declassified conspiracies. There are few groups who distrust their government more than Americans, but the paranoia is exists for good reason.

At least this way, people question everything. And sometimes they're right.

0|0
    0|1
  • Lol I don't know about reptilian's and all that but I do believe there's plenty of fishy stuff going on that's not in the average person's favor. And I do believe it's the guys who have power and money who are pulling the strings. However, I don't believe they work in the shadows like they suggest with the Illuminati theories. I think it's the guys who are right out in the open creating our laws and shaping our economy who are against us. I think the Illuminati is a scare tactic used as a diversion by those guys to keep us looking in the wrong places as the anonymous guy said.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmmmm I think this sums it up for me and how I handle them.

link

0|0
    0|0
  • I think a lot of them are interesting.

Some of them ask some valid questions.

But the majority of them are BS.

Basically I find that a lot of the people who believe in them have a tendency to sensationalize and blow things out of proportion. I've admitted many times that there are some valid questions about 9/11 for instance that I don't have the answers to, but just because I don't have all the answers doesn't mean I'll automatically assume the worst case scenario of it being planned by the government.

The other thing I've noticed with a lot of those who believe in them, tend to always assume the worst of these organizations. When presented with two equally plausible scenarios they will automatically believe the one against an organization because of inherent distrust.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe them. I'm even wearing my tin-foil hat right now as we speak.

0|0
    0|0
    • So I take it your being sarcastic?

• Show All
    • Disregard that I suck cocks. I was presented brand new evidence of an extremist Satanic Cult with ties to Number 10 Downing Street, here in the UK. Absolutely shocked, still can't believe it. But, yes, actually, the original occult ties to government theories are becoming all very real.

• Scary sh*t...

• Romney is secretly the leader of a anti American terrorist group

JK I have

A no proof

B no reasons

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I think most of it is crap, but some may have legitimate claims. You would have to look at each one individually with an open mind, I guess. I think a lot of it is created by people that think the world can't be as "mundane" as it is and there must be x,y, and z going on. They say there is a thin line between brilliance and insanity. Maybe they're straddling that line. Who knows

0|0
    0|0
  • I think conspiracy theories are created by shadowy groups from behind the scenes in a effort to control how we think.

3|1
    0|0
  • Illuminati... along with other greatest powers are all the same!

they are trying to control the whole world. if Illuminati makes conspiracies then so do Islam, Christian, Judaism, Communism, etc

the spread truth and lie at the same time.

NO GREAT POWER is clean from dirty business.

all those are greedy and power lust people are just trying to be on top.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most of the conspiracy theories are utter sh*te, especially things like the illuminati. They are clearly born out of the desire for people to beleive there is some order in this chaotic world, even if the "order" has negative prospects in mind.

In that way, it's no different from the need for religion in a random universe. We'd rather believe in a vengeful god, who is in control of everything, than no god at all.

The same for aliens and what-not. Complete garbage.

Most of these conspiracy theories can be eliminated from anyones concern simply by calmly asking for evidence, and evaluating what you're given with a sceptical mind.

0|0
    0|1
  • I'm not a conspiracy theorist at all. I'm am a conspiracy realist. I believe seeing is believing and I have some very convening things you might like to see. So how about you? Are you a believer or a conspiracy buff?

0|0
    0|0
    • same as you

• There's plenty of videos and other sources of information out there that proves 100% our gov officials are on the take big time.

• yes I agree

• I am a so called birther.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes