Conspiracy theories...what do you think about them?

So as you may or may not know there are a lot of people who think very critically/harshly about our government, media industry etc.. Some believe in the illuminati, that 911 was an inside job, that different institutions like the church, government, politics, the media industry are all working together to serve the elite & that the elite have a long time plan to create a one world order...they predict a world war 3 and think that the elite's are out to enslave the human race, there is also the aspect of human-alien hybrid reptilians & that aliens are living in Antarctica and have a base on the moon, that we are being poisoned through food, cosmetics, vaccines, etc .. of course there is a lot more to them... but how much do you know about different conspiracies and do you agree with any of them if not why do you disagree? Have you ever heard someone else talking about them? Did you feel like that person was out of their mind or did you take some time to think about it? How do you feel about others who do believe in these things?

I am wondering what different people think about this stuff.

112

Most Helpful Guy

• The problem with Conspiracy Theorism is it doesn't separate THERE WAS A SECOND SHOOTER, A SECOND SHOOTER from legitimate hints towards a conspiracy. Everything subversive becomes lumped under the great big tinfoil hat (a King's Lead Hat, perhaps) and gets shredded a apart by the nut jobs. Anything legitimate becomes batsh*t insane very quickly. For example, observe chemtrails; a little of digging will reveal that there were actually some major droughts somewhere around the 30s-40s, when Chemtrails started appearing on planes. And basically, agriculture was at some risk. So, the governments put chemicals in the planes to aid in rainfall. Because I don't have the actual evidence on-hand, I'll use a logical example to demonstrate this; do you remember how everyone promised Global Warming would dry everything up? As well as raising the water level, it would create horrible acid rain and droughts, etc? That's true, that's part of global warming. Many of our major deserts today first appeared during the Little Warm Period, a prehistoric example of global warming. However, there's very little acid rain, and virtually no droughts. Chemtrails were a preventative measure easy to install.

And why the theorism? Because they're putting *chemicals in the sky*, people can't know this. There'd be mass outcry, and they might have to stop, and then we'd have horrible droughts. It sounds like it's just helpful and people wouldn't object but, we're talking about the 30s. (The global warming example is a little off here, because it only came to widespread attention in the late 80s, but regardless, this is when the threat of drought began, and this is when chemtrails began) People wouldn't stand for that in the 30s, they were a superstitious people. Everything was kept secret, back then, from nuclear bombs to fast trains.

Solution? Toss it to the conspiracy theorists, add a few rumours; 'It's poisonous chemicals...' - now the conspiracies go everywhere from poison, in order to decrease the population, to suppressing the pineal gland so we can't see ghosts, to poisoning the crops and trying to create droughts! It's gone full cycle, back around, but exactly the wrong way! No one would ever guess!

This is the art of disinfo, and it spreads like wildfire in the Conspiracy Theorist circuit.

I have waaayyyy waaayyyyyy waaaaayyyyyyy more to say than that, but I've run out of room, so...