He sweet talks to me on the phone and I cry, help?

My boyfriend and I are in a semi long distances.

Recently our work schedules started clashing and I'm worried that I can't take the fact I can't see him like before (once a week). He believes everything will be okay but I'm scared.

Anyways, the problem is: He'll speak sweet to me on the phone and I'll start crying.

How do I make this stop? I had to tell him tonight he has to stop speaking like that to me on the phone or else I'll start tearing up.

I feel stupid, but I need help. How do I stop this?
I'm also worried this is a sign of me being clingy. I don't want to be clingy. That's one of my pet peeves and I don't want to become one. I also don't think I'm in love. We haven't been together for a long time and thinking I'm already in love freaks me out a lot.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• You are just feeling overwhelmed with emotions. You miss him, you're afraid, but you also love and care for him, he's being romantic, etc. That mix of emotions swirling around is causing you to lose it a bit and cry. That's okay, as long as he understands what's going on, and it sounds like he does.

LDRs are very difficult, and require tons of work and sacrifice and commitment to survive. And the vast majority don't survive, at least not if it's long-term. That really sucks, I know, but hopefully your situation is temporary and you'll be okay. As long as you keep communicating, you have a chance.