What are your tips for making the best tuna sandwich?

What type of bread? Do you put cheese on it? what kind? condiments? Veggies?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• First make a good tuna salad. I usually added minced red bell peppers, yellow bell peppers, celery stalks, and vidalia onion to give it a light sweet flavor. Then I add the tuna fish, mayo, and spices like poppy seeds, salt, ground black pepper, maybe a little onion powder, etc. Mixed it up with my fingers good by squishing it. =D

After that, , maybe make some bacon at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes until it's nice and crispy. Then a tuna and bacon sandwich with provolone on whatever bread interests me at the moment. Romaine lettuce, slices of tomato, maybe a slice of onion, etc. Some mustard on the bread and maybe a pickle on the side. Sounds like it might be alright. =)

3|1
    2|0
    • will you marry me? jk :)

• Any woman I marry, better be able to keep up, and want to learn...

"Anywhere you go, all around the world, all the best cooks are men." - Lefty Ruggiero

• Hooooly crap that sounds so good!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• bread: honey wheat (sara lee) or croissant

cheese: melted swiss cheese

condiments: mayo

veggies: lettuce (sometimes)

I also put onions & sweet peppers ( finely chopped) and black pepper. I prefer the green sweet pepper.

This is the way I like my tuna sandwich :)

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not "the best"..

Just add some mayonnaise, maybe garlic will be good if you blend it with mayonnaise using a blender and use this kind of bread link

Veggies and condiments.. it's your preference, dude. :P

0|0
    0|0
  • Bread: white, or a mix of white and wholegrain. 50/50 kinda breads.

Cheese: none.

Tuna mix: Because I HATE butter on bread (makes me retch) my dad used to put salad cream on bread for me (sounds gross but try it). So with tuna, mix a bit of salad cream in, it's yummy!

Veggies: Cucumber.

yummy yummy refreshing sandwich!

0|0
    0|0
    • Also hated mayo when I was young, grown out of the mayo hate but not the butter.

• Usually I just mix mine with Hellman's Brand Mayo and simply put it on bread, usually white bred. Sometimes, though, I put cheese in it and make it like a grilled cheese, that is, I first put butter on the two pieces of bread, then on the opposite side of that the cheese, then the tuna mixed with mayo, then sometimes another slice of cheese. Then of course the other bread slice, just be careful turning it over lol, you have to do it carefully.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tuna mixed with mayo,finely chopped red onion,and finely chopped pickles with dill or sweet. Then spread on fresh mulitgrain bread. And salt and pepper. Enjoy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I sure hope you'll make your girl this sandwich. Such a nice initiative of yours buddy, I acclaim you. *bows*

0|0
    0|0
  • MIne always taste better when I substitute crab for tuna

1|0
    0|0
  • 1. Drain can of tuna

2. Mix with mayo, chopped onion and chopped celery

3. Put on bread of choice

4. Optional- Add lettuce and tomato

0|0
    0|0
  • I add Celery, celery salt, a little hot sauce to taste, onions, maybe fine diced green pepper, black pepper. You don't have to add the hot sauce unless you want a little kick

0|0
    0|0
  • Use mayonnaise lightly. Chop your favorite nuts and add. You my want to add some raisins.

Sprinkle salt and cayenne pepper and woof it down. :D

0|0
    0|0
  • Mix tuna with mayo, chopped onions celery, a lot of black pepper. Get a leaf of some fresh romaine, two slices of hearty and grainy whole wheat bread, stack them all up! Don't forget the chips!

0|0
    0|0
  • I make my spread with tuna, mayo, and then some pickle relish.

0|0
    0|0
  • Toasted pumpernickel bread, with onions and celery in the tuna

0|0
    0|0
  • Add chopped onion to the tuna.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tuna

Honey bread

Mayonnaise

Relish