Does "needs some time apart" means breaking up?

My boyfriend asked for a break weeks ago and I accepted because I'm not satisfied in this relationship either.

His reason is he has been looking for job for months and still can't find anything and he feels so stressful everyday and needs some time alone.

We still talk once a week and last week he told me he finally get a job, I asked about how's his new job few days ago and he said he's very busy then nothing follow up.

I am not sure if I should give me some time about it or he has moved on already? Please give me some advice.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Why waste your time with him. And his 'excuse' was rather weak. You stood by him while he was looking for a job, which is frankly more than a lot of women do. I've heard of wives walking out on their husbands because they lost their job through no fault of their own. Assuming you are not cohabitating and it sounds like you weren't, he should of had his 'alone time'. Unless you have been nagging him, pressuring him, and I hope you haven't trying to find a job in this economy is bad enough without one's SO putting more pressure, he should show some gratitude that you stayed with him.

No, my guess is he wanted out of the relationship. Breaks never make sense. If the relationship is going bad, the way to fix it is to talk and try to work out the issues causing the problems. You can't do that if you are apart on a break.

If I were in your situation, I'd feel peeved about what she did, and would conclude the break with a breakup. You should just move on.

• Thanks a lot...I agree with you. We weren't cohabitating but we did spent a lot of time together, I think this is one of the reasons why he needs alone time. He even told me he will come back when he get a job and now he does but he still being distant. The awkward thing is I still have a lot of stuff in his house, do you think I should take them back and use this chance to come clean with him?

• Depends on what things we are talking about. Expensive or sentimental stuff, yeah, just typical household stuff, I wouldn't worry about those then.