Guys, do you hate to go shopping with your significant other?

All responses are appreciated.The best answer would be selected.Thanks!
  • Yes, I hate it.
    Vote A
  • No, I enjoy it.
    Vote B
  • I am neutral about it.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of guys hate this, but I like to shop. I get to see a world I wouldn't otherwise know, get to know the shop owners learn about fashion, and get to save her from dumb shopping mistakes since I can give her a guy's feedback on her choices. A lot of women have no idea what their clothes look like to guys, and that is important to most of them.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I take pleasure in taking her shopping and finding things with her to wear. It's about helping her feel confident, sexy, even happy.

And that's my job when it comes to her. I want her to feel her best whenever I can possibly contribute to that, to include going shopping with her.

2|0
    0|0
  • It depends, but I usually enjoy it or am neutral. My girlfriend is pretty reasonable as far as time spent, haha. And if she wants to shop somewhere she knows I might be bored with, we split up and I go to a store I like more.

I think she feels worse about making me wait on her than I feel about actually waiting on her... I don't mind it, but she seems to think it's the worse thing ever for me :P I blame it on the "dumb husband" trope on TV.

2|0
    0|0
  • I've never done it before, because it's notoriously bad for the guy. If I love a guy, why would I put him through that? Plus, going shopping with someone who is in a bad mood and has no real opinions on clothing is not my idea of fun. I'd rather go with my best friend and we can talk openly and in detail about whether or not we like something and why. Not just, "It looks good, just get it and let's go."

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm good for the first few hours of the shopping. But by the fifth or six hour I'm bored out of my mind lol.

4|0
    0|0
    • Who goes shopping for 5 or 6 hours? LOL! I'm outta there after 2 hours at the most.

• My wife. She's a fanatic shopaholic lol.

• Haha, oh wow. See I don't get that at all. Then again I grew up in a house full of men and I got used to just knowing what I needed to buy before going to the store.

• Nah, not really. It's interesting to watch the dynamic of how a lady goes shopping. And it's even funnier to see all the other girls shopping. You all get so lost in your own world in those places, it's fascinating!

2|0
    0|0
  • When freshly divorced long ago

shopping with this potential mate was one of the seductive elements about her - she's quite the shopper, could have been professional ala Neiman-Marcus buyer.

We may stray but we always have fun, then make fun when none is around.

Yes, I am aware there are many selfish temptation that usually spoil this opportunity for others - maybe it's that they just haven't found The One yet.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I enjoy it mostly, it's fun, I always find some way to entertain myself if I do happen to get bored. A nice plus is if there's some stuff for me to check out like a men's clothes section if the shopping experience is gonna take hours ^^

1|0
    0|0
  • Shopping itself can be boring, but being with a girl I love? Well, that's enjoyable. And that's all that really matters.

4|0
    0|0
  • i have to say neutral because I really don't care for shopping but spending time with her is what I like, if I have to go shopping with her, fine as long as I can give and get attention

2|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend loves shopping with me...because I hate shopping so I never do it. Of the two of us, he shops way more than I do.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm neutral about it because there are times we have tons of fun shopping together and others when he drifts away mentally but just stands there politely with me

1|0
    0|0
  • no I would love to go with my girlfriend/wife because I would love just seeing her face light up and get excited when she gets something she truly wants

1|0
    1|0
  • i hate shopping in general and my girl knows better not to take me with her. same goes for my mom. I can't shop with women. and men for that matter. I love going to the mall with my friends and just make fun of other people but no shopping for me

1|0
    0|0
  • The last time I went shopping in a mall (as a girl would understand it), it was early in the Clinton administration. If I never set foot in one again, I'll be perfectly fine with that. The concept of standing around for hours while she looks through rack after rack of clothes is mind-numbingly awful to me. But it would never occur to her to ask me to go and do that. She gets that it's a "girl thing." I have "guy things" that I know she has no interest in, and I'd never expect her to go with me for that stuff either.

But we go grocery shopping together all the time, and we shop online together a lot, and I have been into VS and another local lingerie shop with her before. I'm fine with all of that.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've never expected a boyfriend to go shopping with me. I actually prefer to go alone. That way I can take my time and not worry if the other person is bored or wants to go to a different store

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind but some women just spend so long in one shop and they don't even know if they are going to buy anything. And then they go and do the same in another shop. And this pattern continues.

1|0
    0|0
    • Let me clear this up for you. You know how men were the hunters in the past? Well, this is the way we "hunter." LOL I'm serious! We like the search for cool stuff, we like to look around, and it could take all day without buying one thing. It can be relaxing. You really should be happy if we don't buy anything, esp. if & when you get married...it will save you tons of $$$. Remember...we're just hunting!

• honestly, as long as I'm with her I don't care where I am

3|2
    0|0
  • Not at all, any time spent with my significant other is time well spent.

4|1
    0|0
  • i don't know but I'd give it a try if a had a girlfriend . couldn't see it being that bad

2|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what kind of shopping. I tolerate food shopping, lead on appliance shopping and can quite enjoy buying clothes for my girl, so long as she is willing to wear what I like.

1|0
    0|0
  • My guy says he enjoys it... and has never complained. Definitely looks tired when I'm done shopping, but he's a trooper.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I had someone, I'd like to shop with them, to an extent. As long as we shop in a mutually interesting store.

1|0
    1|0
  • I really only go shopping for food and clothes.

Food: It's my dream to go grocery shopping with a guy. It feels so lovey dovey >v<

Clothes: I can't imagine any boyfriend who wouldn't want to see me looking cute in various clothes... =P

But in all seriousness, why wouldn't my boyfriend want to watch me play dress up?

But really, I wouldn't ask or force him to go. Also, I have a distinct style and am picky, so I can breeze through racks and stores rather quickly. Girls, guys, and feet would have it so much easier if most clothing shoppers were like that.

I DO spend a long time shopping online. In that case, occasional image showing suffices. I have found guys may get irritated with that, but not irritated when I am showing off something I bought by wearing it. Hm...

1|0
    0|0
  • It was pretty fun just spending time with her out of our houses, seeing her all excited about the stuff she was buying and all that.

1|0
    0|0
  • It gets boring sometimes but as long as you get to have some fun afterward and its less than two hours!

1|0
    0|0
  • Women usually spend way more time shopping than men, seriously walking around in a slow pace and scrutinizing every piece of crap can be really annoying.

Those seatplaces in the shopping centres are designed for men - to sit and wait there while their girlfriends or wives go in a shopping spree - there even are men's magazines on them!

When I go to buy something - anything, I already know what I want and if I don't then at least I got a clear idea what I'm looking for - I don't need to go through a long decision-making process for each thing - I make it as fast as possible.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what it's for. Even the most boring shopping trip can be made worthwhile if she mixes in a pair of sexy panties. LOL.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah not really but like TheUglyOne said first few hours are good but then yeah...

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah we go together. I don't know if he really enjoys it. I know I don't. I don't really like shopping. I just go in, get what I need and get out.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have to go shopping, forever alone isn't all bad.

0|0
    0|0
  • You pretty much get to spend more time with her! As long as its under 2 hours! :P

0|1
    0|0
  • I would be cool with it if she bribed me with a video game. ;D

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather light my ass on fire with Napalm.

1|0
    1|0
  • I have to admit, I hate it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends what we are shopping for.

1|0
    0|0
  • I do it just for her , other wise I hate it

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, it can be boring but I do it anyway.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would if I had one :(

1|0
    0|0
  • I hardly know any women who do the stereotypical "shopping for hours" thing. My boyfriend actually takes longer to shop than I do, though he does it less often. He can't make up his mind about things looking good on him without advice! My mom, however, is a "bargain rack" hunter and this drives me crazy, as she looks at things without discretion, such as size/color/whether she wants those particular items. So I could see how some people could be a pain to shop with.

1|1
    0|0
  • Apparently because they take forever XD lol and they have to stop at pretty much every store. Guys go in, get what they want, leave.

2|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes