Long term relationships, does the spark always fade?

When in a long term relationship with someone does the passion and spark always fade? You still love them a lot and want nothing but the best for them, but the desire is not there for sex and intimacy. Is that when you realize that you're really just friends with that person and should move on?

By long term I mean 5-10 years.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, people become familiar and used to each other. You have to make an effort to keep it energized. That was one of my mistakes in my past relations. I've been avoiding repeating it in my current one.

It helps, and I by no means suggest you are doing it, if both partners don't let themselves go after they get in the relationship. By maintain your appearances as close to as when you first met, goes a long way to keep the passion.