How do you treat your girlfriends?

I've been feeling like I get treated really wrong lately, but I don't know if it's just me over reacting or not. Like...what is normal treatment from a normal guy? I always ask my friends who are girls, but they just make their boyfriends sound like they're straight out of a movie.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Who you calling normal, ooh yes I'm normal Spongebob so, I guess me.

A normal guy treats his girlfriend normally like all normal people should, or that's what they want you too believe.

We are all a little weird and treat what we think is normal for us.

If you need personal examples, normal treatment for me is:

1) I always say thank you and please

2) I always open the door for my lady even if it's not required, a bit old fashion but it has become a habit.

3) I give my honest opinion about everything, even if you don't like it or agree with it, then I like to hear her opinion and look if we can come too an agreement about the subject in question.

4) If I get angry or frustrated by her, I mostly leave the room and let us both cool down before picking up on the subject again with a cool head and without bad emotions which can make you say some really stupid things.

5) I'm not a hopeless romantic, but when I am she knows it's sincere and from the heart.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• There is no "normal" treatment, every guy/girl has different expectations from the opposite gender. Maybe you are asking too much of him(don't take this the wrong way) or he is just falling short of a good boyfriend for YOU.

What I would suggest you do is just communicate how you feel when you think you are being mistreated. If this doesn't help then you may be right, he is simply mistreating you and you need to move on. Hope it works out for you girlie ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as she doesn't take advantage of me or start getting too comfortable, I love to spoil em. The feeling from watching her light up is almost as good as sex (and often leads to it. win-win :) ). Nothing extravagant like out of a movie, just little personal things that let her know I care.

0|0
    0|0
  • I treat my girlfriends well because I very much like to, and some of that comes from being raised to be respectful to women. I take a genuine interest in who they are and want to spend the time to learn more about who I'm dating. I'm an open communicator, and have a creative, fun, romantic side too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, you shouldn't expect "movie perfect" from anyone; that's not realistic. But you should expect a your boyfriend to make a real effort to pay attention to you. That doesn't mean expecting him to text you constantly (most guys hate texting conversations), but it means that when you're actually together, that he doesn't mistreat you or ignore you, and makes you feel wanted and comfortable.

If that's not happening, you have a problem, and the first thing you need to do is communicate with him. If talking it out doesn't fix it, then you need to re-evaluate your relationship, and if you really want to stay with a guy who isn't treating you as he should.

1|0
    0|0
  • I consider myself a pretty nice boyfriend, I've made her a path from the bedroom to the kitchen and I even let her go outside the house when supervised.

0|0
    1|0
  • if you feel like this..its because it is wrong...

0|0
    0|0
  • a boyfriend should treat just as good as a best friend, plus spontaneously do romantic things and work to please YOU in bed.

0|0
    0|0
  • How is your guy treatin you that is making you feel like this?

If you feel like this something is wring

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes