Doesn't he care at all? 6 days after we break up he has a new girlfriend!

I broke up with my boyfriend 6 days ago, he was basically being lazy and not putting much effort in. He tried to get me to stay at first, then he told me he can't talk to me because he is upset, then he'd randomly go from ignoring me to sending me sad faces on fb. He'd still phone me every other day, just to see how I was doing but now 6 days later he tells me he has a girlfriend.

I told him I need some time alone and that I think for the moment we should be friends because I didn't feel important to him anymore. I'm a bit upset because the last 3 days I've been missing him quite a bit and wanted to talk about perhaps getting back with him as I could see he did in fact care about me from his actions but that he would start having to make more effort if we were going to do so. Does this mean he didn't care at all about me like I first thought because that's what I feel like? We were together a year and he can just replace me in 6 days!? And he seems really happy, doesn't even want to talk about things anymore, he will just respond with things like but you know I have a girlfriend now, she's from Japan hahaha.
I work my arse off to come see him in his country for a month (we met there year before). We're talking 7 days a week, 11 hour shifts to find my boyfriend now doesn't want to spend more than one or 2 days a week with me (and that's only if he doesn't have something important to do like his laundry). Not that this is a problem but I'm not here forever and won't be able to see him again for 5-8 months. He says he doesn't like to see me go home late at night but never once has he come to my part of town
Once he met me half way and I thought at least it's a start to making some effort but when we met up he tells me we're meeting his friend to, so I'm guessing he only met me half way because his friend was going to be there.He promised he would take me to meet his mother this time, that never ended up happening. He forgot my birthday but he remembered his best friend's birthday which is the day after mine and brought him a nice gift to, I got nothing not even a fb post...
This is just some of the stuff he's been doing, maybe I'm being over the top but I don't think so about the only good thing he does do is call me everyday and pay for everything.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• So...you break up with him, end the relationship, and then question his motives when he finds someone else? You can't use things that have the finality of a break-up to test the waters of loyalty or depth of meaning in a relationship because when you say "I am done" most people are not going to spend too much time hoping you change your mind or calling you on the phone. Six days is not a very long time to wait but just how long had you been dating this guy in the first place? What kind of effort were you looking for or not receiving?

• Actually I said I'd been missing him the last 3 days and wanted to discuss getting back together again if he could promise me he would put more effort in. He told me had a girlfriend yesterday.

I will put extra details above as I don't have enough characters to write everything here