Do you think technology is more helpful than harmful or vice versa?

I was wondering about this because a guy almost knocked me over the other day because he was walking around glued to his phone.

What do you think?
:-) I don't think I was very clear when asking. I'm not against technology nor do I want to go back. I was just curious what others thought because I was discussing this subject earlier with a friend.

She saw a documentary where the guy was saying how great it is yet also how harmful it COULD be. That guy stuck to his phone and others like him was just the reason we'd started talking about it. Ha ha.

37

Most Helpful Guy

• It's more helpful than harmless.

Technology opens a lot of possibilities and makes our lives way more convenient and comfortable.

You don't want to live back in the ancient times - where were no phones, no cars, no computers, no transportation - apart from a horse, and the only way how could you communicate with people who live far away is to deliver a handwritten letter all by yourself or paying someone who will deliver it for you - and it could take days, weeks, months.. and let's not even talk about a reply, today you can communicate with people from the other side of the planet instantly!

And the food? There were no supermarkets, you would eat only what you grew in your farm and if there's a bad year you simply got no food! That so - no alternatives!

And the medicine? Today you can cure a lot of diseases (although new ones still appear but hey - you don't die young) and live a normal life many, many years but even just few hundreds of years ago only one from 10 kids made it to 21 - remember how many times you've been ill in your childhood - without the modern world those cases would be fatal.

...

Oh yeah - but today people are stuck at their mobile phones and Facebook, but hey - I dare to say it's only a lesser evil for a greater good!