Are guys less likely to hug girls like me or does this mean something?

I know I'm a little shy but it's not like I don't talk or anything. I know I don't come off as flirty or any of that. My friend and I used to work together and on his last day he was a little different. When he was saying bye to all the other female co-workers he gave them hugs and said bye. Then he came over to where I was sitting (I was separate from them) and instead of a hug he put out his hand to give me a handshake. He's not a shy guy. He was a little awkward when he gave me a handshake- he barely touched my hand and said he was sorry for crushing me and then he lightly touched my hand again. Maybe because I'm small I come off as weak? or maybe because I was sitting down? idk. it's not like I didn't know him- we were fairly good friends.

i wanted a hug too lol. does this mean anything or am I just reading too much into nothing?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You're not flirty, and you were sitting down. I probably wouldn't have been like, "Stand up. Commence hugging." Seriously, how was he supposed to hug you with you sitting down?

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you might be over thinking it just a tad, maybe he didn't want to come off like he expected a hug, but next time you should definitely tell him that you want one, I'm sure he will be happy to give it to you

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes