Cheerleaders, how do girls that are Flyers treat the girls on Base?

It seems the Flyers are the prettier, skinnier, girls that are probably the popular Chearleaders at school.

The girls on Base tend to be heavier set, less attractive, work horses that are sometimes so pudgy, they can't even do the tumbling routines.

This seems like a volatile mix that would result in cat fighting and bullying.

Do the Flyers treat the Base girls with respect?

Do the Base girls get just as much attention from guys as the Flyers?

Do Base girls and Flyer girls ever fool around with each other, or do the two groups keep to themselves?
Good points raised below. How do the Pom Pom girls get along with the Cheerleaders? Are the Poms looked down upon?
For those that haven't seen a fat Cheerleader base, watch this ... link ... I've seen plenty of chunky base girls in competitions that have not been able to perform. You can Google fat cheerleaders to see more examples.

91

Most Helpful Girl

• Your idea that the bases are less attractive work horses that are so pudgy they can't even dance is wrong. If a girl can't do the tumbling routine, she wouldn't be put on the team. I don't know what kind of cheerleaders you're looking at- but maybe your perceptions are skewed? Just because a base is bigger than a flyer doesn't mean she's a huge fatty. She's probably just NORMAL weight. Being compared to the flyer makes you look a little bigger, since flyers are usually very tiny.

Flyers are tiny and they are outnumbered about 4:1. So let's say you have 4 girls who are flyers, and 16 girls who are not flyers. That makes them the minority, and the *weaker* minority at that! They shouldn't be starting any bullying with the other girls at all. It doesn't really happen. Of course they treat the bases with respect- they are the ones holding their body weight up in the air and they are responsible for their safety for a large part of the routine! They're the worst people to mess with.

I think you've got a couple misconceptions, like the bases and the flyers are two rival gangs who have it out for each other. It's just a position! They're on a team, one flyer may hate another flyer and 2 of her bases, and then 3 other bases will be her best friend. We don't judge it on the girl's position on the team, we base it on her personality.

Bases and flyers get about the same amount of attention- once again, it goes by the individual girl- not her position! It depends on the guy who's looking at them.

• Watch this video and let me know your thoughts link

• If you google fat cheerleaders you'll get exactly what you want. That's biased. You're a f***ing idiot, to be honest. F***off with your stupid video; there are fat people everywhere and they all deserve a chance to perform.