East coasters, are you prepared for Hurricane Sandy? Do you think its going to be as intense as they predict?

Can someone explain why there's going to be snow?

They say its a hurricane but its going to snow?

I'm asking because I'm at school right now and have no way of getting home and I don't have any basic disaster necessities. What do I do?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Basically it seems like their concerns are because two storms are going to collide-Hurricane Sandy and a snow storm coming from the west. When warm wet air (hurricanes) collide with cold dry air (winter storm)...well that's how tornados form in tornado ally. Will it be as horrible as they are predicting? Probably not, but its better to be safe than sorry. Just make sure you have enough food and water for a few days just incase you lose power and you should be fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • It might snow here in the east and midwest because there are currently other storms coming in from the west (north?). If Sandy and those storms collide, they will produce snow (especially if it's from the north, for me that's be Canada). I highly doubt it will be as bad as they predict. Most hurricanes that make landfall, inland, to states like NY etc..don't usually affect it as much as states like Florida and Texas. You'll be fine, just relax

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm in the mid-atlantic region near the coast. Will I be okay? I don't even have 3 days worth of food :(

• Show All
    • Also, the good thing is that it was downgraded to a category 1. Andrew and other powerful hurricanes were at least 4 and 5. So, yeah

• Oh that's good. I thought it was cat. 2

Recommended myTakes