Guy interested but used the phrase 'unabashed sista' !!!

This guy shows a lot of interest in me...we chat for hours together almost every day and he tells me everything about himself and is very keen to know more about me. After about 2 weeks of chatting, I asked him about his girlfriend and he said that he was dating someone. Even though I was surprised to know this, I took it well in front of him and continued to be his friend. He even asked for my number, started calling me on his way back from work and is interested in making plans to meet ! But I have 2 questions-

1. If he is dating someone, why is he giving me so much importance ?

2. He used the phrase 'unabashed sista' when I joked about him being obsessed about his pictures and bragging about them and he replied 'unabashed sista'. What does this mean ? Does he consider me as his sister ?

I am so confused ! Please help guys !

03

Most Helpful Guy

• When the term "dating" gets involved it is confusing. Some people don't date exclusively and will go to the term "relationship" after a "dating" phase. It would depend on if he was in a relationship or not.

A lot of couples don't talk to each other much outside of their dates. The fact that he is calling you and not texting is odd. If he was texting he could hold both conversations.

Him giving you a lot of attention can only mean 2 things. He either wants you for a side affair or intends to dump the other girlfriend.

• Hey thanks a ton ! Even I was apprehensive as he said that he was 'dating' someone but never spoke about having a relationship or anything. I guess I will be cautious yet wait and watch till things get clearer ! I was just concerned as I wanted to confirm if the term 'sista' is used generally or exclusively for a girl one thinks of as his sister ! :P But now that it is clear, I will react accordingly... Thanks once again :)