Honey there's just NO MORE MONEY............

Isn't it peculiar how many people will claim they can't afford healthier foods? Yet, will always find ways to spend money on: drugs/ booze/ clothes/ gambling/ salon visits etc. obvious the thing that matter most to them, just to bad their health isn't on the list.

P.S I am aware healthy foods are pricey, so please spare me if you choose to comment thanks

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• 100% right. Healthy foods , when you factor in their nutrition value, are cheaper than 'fast' foods because guess what..you eat the 'fast' food, you're hungry again soon. But nutritious food will STASIFY your hunger until a reasonable length of time has passed, so you'aren't tempted to snack on expensive packaged items all day.

Why this doesn't sink in with many people, is hard to understand.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• "Isn't it peculiar how many people will claim they can't afford healthier foods? Yet, will always find ways to spend money on: drugs/ booze/ clothes/ gambling/ salon visits etc. obvious the thing that matter most to them, just to bad their health isn't on the list. "

this implies those who claim not be able to afford healthier food do drugs, alcohol, clothes, gamble.. or spend it on useless things. Many people have to figure out how to feed, cloth, and house a family of five on a minimum wage income. Not everyone spends their money on crap. (NOTE: I SAID IMPLIES)

1|1
    0|1
    • Awww & then there was 1. I see you are the over analyzier & in this case the touchy feely type. This question refers to people who often claim: BROKE yet find Magical ways to afford drugs,booze, clothes, gambling, salon visits etc & not healthy foods, this question is not for struggling families. Unless that applies to you or them. So buzz off & get over it DownSyndrome

• nice grammar.

• An alcoholic or drug addict will do pretty much anything to get their hands on it, because it's a serious addiction, and the same with gambling. Of course, they are destructive behaviors, but it's hard to tell someone caught up in that lifestyle.

0|0
    1|0
  • I'm starting to think you have an issue with people who are over weight...

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't have to eat better...all you have to do is cut out the stuff that's bad for you. Trick is, how to do it, ahah #addictionsucks

0|0
    0|0
  • Healthy foods are cheaper when compared to fast foods.

0|0
    0|0
    • Not really..lol ...You can feed a family of 10 cheaply on fast food

• Idk where you shop but I just looked on Picknsave's website and you can get a pound of chicken for under a dollar, ten pounds of potatoes for three dollars, and the vegetables are also a dollar per pound. So for ten bucks I could feed myself for a while. Versus one meal at Mickey d's for like 6 bucks.

• dirt's cheap... grow it. =)

0|0
    0|0
  • Healthy food = cheaper. link

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people will do whatever they can do feed their addiction. I doubt the people that are claiming to try to buy healthy foods but cannot afford it are gambling and smokin crack. I don't get this ridiculous question. Maybe the people in your life are doing this but I don't know "many" people that behave like this.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love eating healthy! I'm low carb, and trying to go low sodium. raw foods and vitamins. I also like drugs, but I don't let that effect my eating and workout habits. Gotta look good while I'm getting fcked up.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes