What are your thoughts on this video? How can we change this type of thinking?

link Can we change this way of thinking? Is all this thinking from little children from mass media, parents, other children, can it be biological or do you think that it is instinct somehow? I find this video to be sad. Test after test show that the majority of black toddlers and children choose the white baby as the "good" baby and the black baby as the "bad" baby and the white baby as the pretty baby.
Thank you for many good answers. Hopefully we can come up with some solutions to help eradicate this problem,

155

Most Helpful Girl

• You know, I may be wrong but oh well.

In my opinion, you can be born with a superiority complex but not with racism or the belief one color of a person is better than another. From my own personal experiences, I didn't even know I was black until another toddler pointed it out when I was young. I asked them if they wanted to play and they said no because I was black. It wasn't something my family went shouting from the roof tops, that we were black. So when I came home and asked my mum if I was black and what it meant that same day, she simply told me "Yes you're black baby, and you're beautiful."

Regardless of this, the media likes to make you hate yourself as a young impressionable child. Even in the subtlest ways, black was bad and white was good on the television. White people were smart and beautiful, black people were not and it was only because of my intelligence that I know this now and the fact my mother simply would never let me think I was less than anybody else due to the color of my skin.

That video, I have seen before and it disgusts me. Not because of the child, but because of what they say. Some people seem to think it's all down to racists blurting out hate speeches in the open air but it isn't. The subtlest thing such as regularly seeing white people doing well in life and black people being locked up puts that impression on you. It becomes the norm.

It may be slow but I think we're moving forward in the world. There are less racists and there is more equality and although there is a long way to go, I have faith we can change this way of thinking in time by progressing in the 21st century.