I don't have closure?

My boyfriend of 1.5 years left me recently. I haven't contacted him in about a week, but I saw him yesterday at a party that his mom was throwing, but I didn't know he was going to be there. I can't tell if he wants me back. He gave me the excuse that I'm immature as a reason for leaving me, but I don't know what he means by that. He says he'll be there for me in the future so now I'm curious if I should just move on or continue hoping he's going to come back. I want to call him and get the closure I want but I have no idea if that is a good idea or not. Please help :(

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• If he doesn't respect you enough to give you a FULL answer as to why he's breaking up with you instead of just calling you immature, then he's not worth your time anymore. I know it's hard after being with someone for a year and a half, but you need to go out and try living your life without him. At the worst, he will recognize that you can get along just fine without him and that may prompt him to reconsider/change his ways so that he can get you back. And if you really feel like you need to call him for closure, do it, but don't expect a full answer if he wouldn't give you one in the first place. Good luck!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Just work on yourself for a little while and try to put him at the back of your mind. I know that's a lot easier said than done.. Just give it time and let other love opportunities come your way. He said he'll be there for you in the future which is confusing because I'm not sure if he means as friends or as more, but he doesn't want to be with you right now so there's nothing you can do right this minute.

0|0
    0|0
  • he sounds like an a**hole and just count your blessings you're not stuck with him.

just move on,

if he's that quick to let you go, he isn't worth your time

keep busy and don't talk to him or call him.

find your own closure so he doesn't have power over you.

0|0
    0|0
  • You do not need closure to get over someone , you need time.

Him not caring about giving you a closure is a closure it self.

Dont ever wait for someone. Him saying the word future it only means "in your dreams", move on don't wait, you will regret waiting if he never got back to you.

0|0
    0|0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes